Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Les Paul Vintage Mahogany pics

Guitarzan

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by guitarzan:

finally i have some quickly done pics.

i must thank my drummer Tim for taking them and getting the job done on short notice.

one

again

once more

happy now

headstock

another

deja vu

Schweeeet!!! :thu:

Now let's hear it!

"And so I definitely, when I have a daughter, I have a lot of good advice for her."

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

Very nice-looking guitar. I've always liked guitars in tung-oil and/or transparent finishes, and man, to be honest, of all the classic electric guitar designs I think the Les Paul is the prettiest, along w/ the PRS's (which are based on LP's anyway). Awesome.

Is it heavy?

I like your shirt, too.

"Without music, life would be a mistake."

--from 'Beyond Good and Evil', by Friedrich Nietzsche

My MySpace Space

So I guess that means that lowly P90 thing you have sitting in the corner is going cheap???

That's a pretty serious jump from the LP Jr. you had been bragging on. I, too, am looking forward to the sound clips. Congrats!

Raise your children and spoil your grandchildren. Spoil your children and raise your grandchildren.

O.K., Zan...you HAD to give in to your craving......now that you've fulfilled your every tonal desires, and gotten the "magogany monkey" off your back, and into your home sweet home, isn't there another thread you think you should pay a visit to? :P

If you hurry you'll not miss the coffee and donuts...... :D

Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=574296

http://www.myspace.com/imdrs

i am no longer in possesion of the LGsp90.

as for the weight, it feels a tad heavy and i tried our scale (not super accurate) and to my best guess it is over 8 lbs.

the neck is nice and robust. yet i can still wrap the thumb over the top.

thanks for the kind words guys.

i do like the 2nd pic with the shining pickup.

the wife was making fun of me posing with the guitar and i turned my head. i am not good at modeling.

i do love flame tops but the plain mahogany is very warm looking and i like it.

my only wish is that it had cream coloured surrounds and gold top hat knobs. but that may clash with the faded red, which looks more redish brown.

what do you think?

Zan....I like her the way she is....the black pick guard, surrounds, and knobs match the headstock nicely.

But, all that stuff is easy to put on, and take off if you want to go back to original....

Dress her up, baby!!

Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=574296

http://www.myspace.com/imdrs

Originally posted by mdrs:

Zan....I like her the way she is....the black pick guard, surrounds, and knobs match the headstock nicely.

But, all that stuff is easy to put on, and take off if you want to go back to original....

Dress her up, baby!!

Yeah I agree..looking great Zan just the way it is!

Very nice looking guitar! As mentioned many times already, that second pic has got the magic!

You might want to ask the Photoshop guys to dress up the guitar with cream plastic parts (and don't forget the switch plate if you go that route), gold knobs and without pickguard to see what it would look like.

Congrats on a sweet looking LP.

Originally posted by guitarzan:

it may be just the model i have that comes with a dark interior.

No. In the 90s, for most Gibsons, you got the tan case with the hot pink interior (yeechhh).

I like your case better. I'm glad they did away with the other ones.

Archived