Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

So I go to download from iTunes and

Bbach1

They won't let me. Turns out I have to upgrad to iTunes 7. I don't want to upgrade. I hate upgrading because those damn software companies always put a bunch of crap on your computer that run in the background and you have to hunt them down and manually remove them.

There is no option to not upgrade.

(Best soup nazi voice) NO MUSIC FOR YOU

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Bbach1:

.... those damn software companies always put a bunch of crap on your computer that run in the background and you have to hunt them down and manually remove them.

There is no option to not upgrade.

(Best soup nazi voice) NO MUSIC FOR YOU

MMMM, I was to install it just to check how my CD is shown there as I prefer to buy uncompressed music and I don't own any iPod or similar, but if you say so... :(

What did you have to remove?, Is it so annoying?

Guess the Amp

.... now it's finished...

Here it is!

I do find that amazing. I guess its because of all of the video stuff they have added. But if you don't want that then why do they make you upgrade?
Raise your children and spoil your grandchildren. Spoil your children and raise your grandchildren.

I just downleaded The sTones Tattoo You. It asked me to download the latest version of iTunes (7) but I declined. it still let me buy the CD.

What can this strange device be?

When I touch it, it gives forth a sound

It's got wires that vibrate, and give music

What can this thing be that I found?

WE upgraded and the guess what happened? Neither Quicktime nor iTunes would SOUND anything. Zip. Niente. Nada. Nothing. No audio on anything. So, we followed some dude's instructions to DOWNGRADE to the previous version and now it's fine.

I've heard people having problems w/ the new version on MACS. But apparently it works perfectly for many people.

"Without music, life would be a mistake."

--from 'Beyond Good and Evil', by Friedrich Nietzsche

My MySpace Space

Upgrading is so pointless. If it isn't broken, DON'T FIX IT!!! URGH!!! :mad: Hey, maybe all the anti-upgraders should unite and overthrow iTunes. I'll bring enough torches and pitchforks for everyone. :evil: Kidding.

www.myspace.com/donahelena

Support bored teenage ghost hunters. www.myspace.com/rock_paranormal

I just bought a new mp3 player last weekend. Nope, not an iPod. Yes... cross platform compatible... once I figure out which transfer protocol it uses. I'm thinking it uses Microsoft's media transfer protocol. ( See my online journal for more details. )

I won't use iTunes anytime soon, mostly because I still prefer CD's (those still have the best sound... apart from SACD and DVD audio). The MP3 player will just be a way to bring more of my collection along in a smaller package. :)

Originally posted by DC Ross:

My advice: ditch those proprietary iPods & wait a month or so for Zune http://www.zunescene.com/

funny, tripped out promo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd_tmfGmzMo

I thought I heard about some proprietary stuff going on with it, too. I'll keep watching.
Raise your children and spoil your grandchildren. Spoil your children and raise your grandchildren.

Turns out I had some really old version of itunes, like 4.0. So I had to upgrade. Of course they piggyback quicktime onto your computer also so I'll have to rid myself of that one and clean up the registry files. I hate piggyback software. I hate software period.

But, as we speak, I'm listening to Over the Rainbow and Pride and Joy.

I also have Tedsters Walk away Renee in the same itunes library. Thanks Tedster. :thu:

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

My advice: ditch those proprietary iPods & wait a month or so for Zune
I think I would wait if this is a Microsft product given their reputation. Heck, I wont even use IE

What can this strange device be?

When I touch it, it gives forth a sound

It's got wires that vibrate, and give music

What can this thing be that I found?

Archived