Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Tonebone vs. Nady TD-1

Scott L

Hi all,

A distortion box question:

I've seen in several places (here, Harmony Central, etc.) that the Nady TD-1 is pretty much the same as the more expensive Tonebone Classic Distortion. One thing I noticed is that the Tonebone manual specifies more specific frequency boosts and cuts in the EQ section than the Nady manual.

For instance, the Tonebone says its mid-boost is "+12dB @ 620Hz or+6dB @ 390Hz," while the Nady says "This switch boosts the midrange frequencies (270Hz-700Hz)of the signal for a fatter sound. HIGH +12dB, MED +6dB." Possibly this is the same thing just stated more vaguely, but possibly not.

So my question is: has anyone been able to do a side-by-side test and found that they really do (or don't) sound the same?

Thanks,

Scott

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone have an opinion as to how well the Nady works for hard rock and heavy metal. Think Iron Maiden-esque tone; I already have fine pedals for Metallica or something else.

Bear in mind, I do also appreciate and heavily use a good medium-gain pedal, so if anyone has experience with either of these (including the Tonebone vairants), let me know.

Shut up and play.

Archived