Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I need your expert advice.

Cheo

I am looking to purchase a guitar amp for my church. The church is 70' long 40' wide and 25' high. This is just the inside, this church is extremely hollow. I've been looking at different amps like a Marshall MG100HDFX Do you guys recommend anything.
Jose Torres

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For a church? Go with a Fender Twin head and a 2x12 or something similar. You really don't need any distortion for church-type music (well, maybe you do - I've played in a few church bands and got hollered at for using distortion...) just plenty of good clean volume.

(edit) although, if you really want it nice and tidy, just get a POD or something and run through the house PA - then the sound guy can control your FOH volume.

The Marshall MG100HDFX would, I think, be a good choice. The lead guitarist on my church's praise and worship team uses one, and it sounds great both in clean and in overdrive and is easily mixed with the rest of the band and the singers. And since my church goes with a contemporary sound (i.e like Hillsong Music Australia), distortion actually fits on some of the songs that we do.

Robert J. ("Bob") Welch III

"If you were the only person who ever lived, God still would have sent Jesus His only Son to die on the cross for YOU, because that is how much HE LOVES YOU!"

Archived