Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Google to buy youtube

Bbach1

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah... I think Google had much bigger expectations for their Video service but for some reason YouTube was the popular choice.

What makes YouTube great is that it is easy to post videos and there is a lot of stuff out there to view. They do not seem to regulate the content for copyright issues which is something that Google does try to enforce.

If such a buyout occurs, I'm sure Google will enforce their restrictions on YOuTube. Good for copyright holders, bad for regular folks that want to watch content for free!

Alos, I read somewhere that Google has more computing power than anyother company in the world and even most governments!

"Spend all day doing nothing

But we sure do it well" - Huck Johns from 'Oh Yeah'

Click to Listen to Oh yeah

I think it's so funny that this is happening. The guys who started Youtube are ex-Google guys. They started this thing and it became a huge phenomenon and now Google wants to buy it!

"My two Fender Basses, I just call them "Lesbos" because of the time they spend together in the closet."-Durockrolly

This has been a Maisie production. (Directed in part by Spiderman)

Originally posted by Zephyr:

Why would they do that, i wonder? Google has its own video site: video.google.com :confused:

YouTube has a much larger audience as compared to Google Video.

http://venturebeat.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/youtubegoogle.bmp

"Spend all day doing nothing

But we sure do it well" - Huck Johns from 'Oh Yeah'

Click to Listen to Oh yeah

Archived