Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Spider III question...

sic_transit2

i played a Spider III today and i'm really interested in buying one, but the $250 one only pumps out 75w.. i was wondering if it would be a good idea to get the 75w Spider III head and then run it through a 100w Crate PowerBlock and then into a cab. would this work and/or be a good decision?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you want to run both, it's not a bad idea. Use the line-level outs on the Spider.

My question would be: What gigs are you playing that would require more than 75 watts into a good sized cab? I've used Line6 50W combos at outside venue shows with no problems.

really? right now im using a crappy Behringer Ultratwin GX212. it was good for about a year or so, but now it's losing it's tone and all that like most Behringer products do. it produces 2x60watts through two speakers.

i guess if 75watts is powerful enough, i should just go for the Spider III 75w combo. thanks for the advice, it's much appreciated!

The difference in loudness between 75 watts and 100 watts is nonexistant. You would be just as well off with the combo by itself than running both in most circumstances, and it is less junk to haul around with you.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Archived