Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

rare footage, how much is it worth??

Cowbell

Haha ok, it may not be your type of music (it's not mine either), but I have footage of Jessica Simpson from when she's 15 years old, singing at the intermission of a ballet recital. They don't even announce her name, that's how unknwn she is.

It's a good quality, about a 6-7 with 10 being DVD quality. I mean, it is a home video camera? 4 and a half minutes of Jessica singing a Whitney Houston song.

All these places (People Mag, Extra, E!) are asking how much I want for it, but I have no idea. I know celebrity baby pics average $150,000, which Angelina Jolie's kid getting $4.2 million.

Anyone got an idea of how much this footage is worth?

-a

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was it inside the mixer or did it get left in your driveway seperately? :D

I have no earthly clue how much it would be worth to them...I can tell you how much it would be worth to me.... ;)

"And so I definitely, when I have a daughter, I have a lot of good advice for her."

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

Originally posted by Cowbell:

She's 15 years old. You, sir, are a pedophile.

:D

-a

What I meant was....it would be absolutely worthless to me.... ;)

To me, Jessica Simpson is one of the biggest nothing-burgers ever.....

"And so I definitely, when I have a daughter, I have a lot of good advice for her."

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

I would let folks bid on it, not just agree to a quick price. You may even want to get a lawyer or agent involved for a percentage of the selling price. Just be carefull not to get ripped off, protect yourself.

Maybe she would like to have it herself. Contact her management. Let her or them make you an offer. I am sure she would like to have control over it rather than some unscrupulous TV show, tabloid or internet freak.

Either way it would be win/win. She'd get a clip of herself as a kid, you'd get some cash and you would also feel good about not exploiting someone.

Hopefully you have a legit reason you have this tape.

If all these big publications are asking you how much....maybe you better get someone skilled involved as a negotiator for a percentage. Once you come up with an amount that seems like it would fly, then call her people see how much they would top that by to keep it out of these publications' hands.

Originally posted by Fumblyfingers:

Maybe she would like to have it herself.......She'd get a clip of herself as a kid, you'd get some cash and you would also feel good about not exploiting someone.

Not exploiting someone. Now there's a concept! +1 for the Fumblyfingers idea. :thu:

Just a pinch between the geek and chum

Originally posted by Big Red 67:

I am too poor!

Not as poor as I am.

Allen, I'm going to agree with Fumbly on this one. Seems like the right thing to do, would be to see if she's interested in buying it herself.

Find out what it's actually worth and then offer it to her for that price. A man's integrity is worth far more then the thousand or two extra you may get if you have a bidding war. I mean, is there really going to be that much of a difference between $10,000 and $12,000 (for example)?

Then, if she doesn't want it, let the bidding begin!

I'm going to be on the next Space Shuttle mission. Me and Kate Hudson. Nekkid. It's an experiment to find out about the effect of weightlessness, too much beer, and nekkid actresses on middle-aged Sasquatches. How much do you think that footage would be worth? Should I call Kate and ask her if she wants it first? Mebbe I can get a bidding war started between Sasquatch Quarterly and Squatch! magazines......

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

Originally posted by Fumblyfingers:

Hopefully you have a legit reason you have this tape.

Cowbell (my neighbor) went to the same High School in Richardson

(As did my wife, but that was MANY years before ;) ) Oops she' :D s coming in the dorr, signing off now

Lynn G

Hahaha, Star magazine sent me an e-mail to say that the price is ridiculous high.

I don't necessarily think so, since a picture of Julia Roberts with her kids was sold for $150,000 last year. She hasn't even done anything for at least 4.

Don't forget that the price is reflective of the desirability of the product. A lot of folks are interested in seeing a celebrity's kids. There may not be a large audience for seeing Jessica Simpson, singing, as a kid.

Granted, I'm not a paparazzi, so I couldn't tell you for sure what the actual value is. But, if she sings out of tune, trips while walking off stage or gets in an argument with one of the other performers, then you might have, video gold.

It's pretty.....I'm not sure. You can see her slip (the thing girls wear under clothes you can see through)hanging out under her dress, some of the notes are extremely questionable, and she's really not pretty.

Good news, People magazine said they will get back in touch with me later tonight.

Archived