Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - Kids shot in Amish school!!!

miroslav

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It appears a 32 year old man came into the one-room schoolhouse...let all the boys and a few women leave...then boarded up the doors with 2x4s and 2x6s that he brought with him...and held captive a number of young girls 6 -13 years of age.

3 were executed on the scene...another appears to have died in the hospital.and a few are still in critical condition.

Apparently, the man had some 20 year old grunge that he was getting revenge for???

WOW...!!! what the hell is wrong with people...?

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

Wow, that's horrific! I can see this topic going political with the pro and anti capital punishment camps, :rolleyes: so let's try to just agree that it's tragic, brutal and atrocious. :cry:
Never a DUH! moment! Well, almost never. OK, OK! Sometimes never!

Originally posted by Bluesape:

Wow, that's horrific! I can see this topic going political with the pro and anti capital punishment camps, :rolleyes: so let's try to just agree that it's tragic, brutal and atrocious. :cry:

I bet this one won't go political! Because no one would agrue that this guy should get anyting but the death penality...(would they?)

The "death penalty at the scene" would probably have been justified, but I don't think governments should be in the business of killing people. Not out of pity for the convict, but due to a standard of decency.

The current US administration talks a lot about a "culture of life", but somehow they forget all about that when talking about crime.

If I were governor and had the ability to commute this guy's sentence, I wouldn't. This is a decision that the public has to make. I have my opinion, you have yours, we vote on the laws, and that's how it goes. In this case, I'm in the minority, so unless the guy can come up with an insanity defense, it's the "green mile" for him.

(Like any sane person could do it -- but the legal definition of sanity is essentially whether he knew it was wrong and was in control of his actions, not whether he was crazy as hell.)

Anyway, let's not bring it up!

Yeah, this one put me in a daze. They said it might be related to something that happened to him when he was 12. Go figure. Must have been a deep scar to do something so grossly wicked.
Raise your children and spoil your grandchildren. Spoil your children and raise your grandchildren.

Thats another tragedy that people wont forget in a hurry. Out of respect for the people that died I dont think it'd be right to turn it into a discussion of the death penalty, even if we all thought the same thing. I however think that him committing suicide is a cowards way out and allows no closure to the people the event affected.

Originally posted by Trucks.Of.Love:

Thats another tragedy that people wont forget in a hurry. Out of respect for the people that died I dont think it'd be right to turn it into a discussion of the death penalty, even if we all thought the same thing. I however think that him committing suicide is a cowards way out and allows no closure to the people the event affected.

I'm not sure that you realized the obviousness in what you just said. :) Of course it's the coward's way out.....he was a coward. What would you expect from him? Anyone that would take school kids hostage and summarily execute them is a sick f&*k coward to begin with. No matter how anyone feels about the death penalty, this is one POS that had no right to share the same atmosphere with the rest of us. He had no right to life. Period. He was a waste of a human skin. I think the fact that he is dead is probably closure enough for the families. At least they won't have to go through the trauma of a trial now, with the possibility that some POS lawyer could get him off on some mental illness B.S. defense. The best thing they can do now is to throw his carcass in the trash and let him rot at the dump.

"And so I definitely, when I have a daughter, I have a lot of good advice for her."

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

Originally posted by Trucks.Of.Love:

No no, now what im not sure about is if you are attacking me for stating what I beleive. :confused:

I really dont understand why you have aimed an aggressive reply at me.

No..no...not attacking you at all. :)

Just pointing out that he was a coward, so a cowards way out is all that could be expected.

This one truly infuriates me....if I sound aggressive, it's not directed at you at all. And I didn't mean for it to sound that way.

The fact is that I can honestly and truly say that, given the opportunity, I would have beaten this sick f8&k to death with my bare hands...it WOULD have made me feel better.

His motives and reasons for what he did do not matter one tiny little bit to me. I don't care why he did it or what was bothering him or what may have occurred in his childhool...it just doesn't matter. He's not the victim. Those families and children are. As far as I'm concerned he gave up all rights to exist when he entered that school room.

"And so I definitely, when I have a daughter, I have a lot of good advice for her."

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

Ok no probs.

I will clarify what I meant by cowards way out. I mean that for me personally, if I had lost a daughter in this incident (we obviously dont react similarly to situations in the slightest ;) ) I would want to know why he did it and although if he had lived he may not have given out his reasons, there would still be the hope that you will find out why your own flesh and blood died in such a horrific manner... By him committing suicide after the murder he would leave me with not only a great loss but also with no possibility of knowing why it happened.. That for me would be as equally hurtful as losing my daughter i.e. doubling the horrific nature of this event.

But I can totally 100% understand your viewpoint and wouldnt dream of saying it was incorrect, because different people need different things out of any given situation.

Nope. Your POV is the correct one, for you.

To me, it's obvious that the reason he did it was because he was a sick, twisted, perverted, demented, cowardly monster. His "reasoning" is going to be unfathomable to a normal human being anyway. If it were my flesh and blood, I would be relieved that he is dead. The fact is that he could have just as easily shot them and immediately run off into the woods and lived to do it again another day. I would not want to go through the trauma of a trial, wondering if he was going to get off on some technicality of law or some obscure insanity defense or something like that. I would want him right where he is. Dead and rotting in hell.

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

The 5th child has died in the hospital...

Has anyone seen any more info about the guy's written note that he left to his wife...?

There is supposed to be some revelation in it as to this 20 year old grudge he was holding on to.

While there is NO JUSTIFIABLE REASON...I'm just curious what it was that made HIM think that THIS was the only way for him to "even" things up...?

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

welll, turns out that apparently this guy was a child molester to begin with. Apparently the note to his wife said that he had molested some of his relatives 20 years ago and was having dreams about molesting little kids again. So, he did absolutely the right thing by killing himself. I would have encouraged him to do just that, had I had an opportunity to speak to him before it happened.

However, I can't imagine in my wildest dreams how he could come to the twisted conclusion that it was a good idea to take 5 innocent children with him. Was he angry with the children for being children and the object of his deviant, sick, demented, perverted fantasies? Does it even matter? He was LESS than human. It's just too bad that he can't be revived so he can be killed again.

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

A sixth child has passed away.

He phoned his wife from inside and told her he wouldn't be coming home.

He also left notes, but the police have said that the notes are mainly unintelligible, crazy gibberish.

Makes me want to keep my daughter home and never let her leave...

Suicide is not a cowards not way out. I will agree that in his case it was. But seriously, don't go there. I've heard people call it selfish. but when you are in that state of mind, it feels like you are doing the world a favor. You feel that everyone would be happier if you, the f88k up pos were dead. trust me on this one.

I knew a girl that was into biamping,I sure do miss

her.-ButcherNburn

Archived