Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Check your local library

King Kamehameha

Okay, I didn't think Buttsville would be this cool, EVER, but here is my awesome and short story.

Me and my drummer, Jay, were looking for something to do around Buttsville and we were on our way home from lunch. She goes "Do you want to go to the library?"

The library is pretty lame, but that's okay. We went to the supercool upstairs part and she found a rock and roll book and I went really far back, where a long time ago, a nameless guitarist and I had gone searching for microfilm from the newspaper of the day Jimi Hendrix died.

We stumbled upon a jackpot---4095874098 (well, maybe not that many) years worth of old Guitar Player magazines.

My life is complete. I'm going to be going there like every day. :love:

"My two Fender Basses, I just call them "Lesbos" because of the time they spend together in the closet."-Durockrolly

This has been a Maisie production. (Directed in part by Spiderman)

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, Library's have a lot going for them. I don't to go mine as often as I should. We were going to go today actually, but one thing leads to another and they were already closing before we were ready to go.

Hey Bass247, you're in Buttsville but is that a joke name or for real? There is a Butzville, NJ not very far from me. The arborist that is going to work on a couple of trees I have is from there actually.

check out some comedy I've done:

http://louhasspoken.tumblr.com/

My Unitarian Jihad Name: Brother Broadsword of Enlightened Compassion.

I read the Steve Vai issue. But I want to read John Lee Hooker, Jimi Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughn, everyone! I think the Vai one was from 1996.

"My two Fender Basses, I just call them "Lesbos" because of the time they spend together in the closet."-Durockrolly

I have most issues back to 1975. Be sure to check out the ads for the "state of the art" equipment back then. It's even funnier for issues from 1967 and 1968 if you can find them. "The new VOX guitar...it's NOW!" :D

I remember when Dimarzio Super Distortion Humbuckers were about the only replacement pickup you could easily find...those and the absolutely horrible Mighty Mite pickups.

A Jazz/Chord Melody Master-my former instructor www.robertconti.com

(FKA GuitarPlayerSoCal)

Originally posted by ellwood:

check all library personnel's finger tips for calluses

Good one Ellwood. :D

Originally posted by guitarzan:

sweet!

i love old GP's

I have to admit here that I've pretty much always loved all GP's, although somehow I was foolish enough (and poor enough!) to let my subscription lapse for a few years. Nowadays I practically devour the issue as soon as it arrives, then it seems like a YEAR until the next issue arrives. Hmmmm I might have to stop by the Buttsville...er...Preptown library to check out some old issues myself. :P

Just a pinch between the geek and chum

Yip Library's are great places and not used enough in this world anymore.

But i do have an admission to make.

i have never read a GP issue!!!!!!! does this make me a bad person or just less well informed??

G :D

Love life, some twists and turns are more painful than others, but love life.....

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=592101

Some local libraries even have a decent collection of audio/video media that can be checked out ... usually for free!

And if you're cleaning out your attic and come across your old magazines or whatever, consider donating them to your local library. I'm guessing that's how "Buttsville" got their stash.

Besides, you're paying the taxes that keep your local libraries in business. Go spend a few minutes to discover yours.

Great find, and thanks for sharing Maisie! :thu:

yZecounsel, I'll look, but I'm not sure they have that. I may have uh exaggerated on the number of issues they have. But I will see.

Archived