Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Roller Bridges...?

miroslav

Any downside to using a roller bridge on a non-whammy guitar...?

I was looking at my Artcore w/whammy...and started thinking that using a roller bridge on other guitars would A) be much easier on the strings...which can often break right at saddle...

...and B) also bends would/should be a touch smoother...

and C) less string pop when tuning.

I figure the only reason they don't put roller bridges on all guitars is the costas I'm sure they take a little more work to manufacture.

Anyone know of reasons NOT to use one on non-whammy guitars......?

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Bluesape:

My Blades have 'em, along with locking tuners, and the tuning stability is great.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-American-Deluxe-Fat-Strat-FMT-Electric-Guitar?sku=511385

What do you think about this guy? It has a rolling nut.

I'm thinking very seriously about getting this guy before getting a Tele. I'll have to play it first.

I like the particular whammy on the guitar I linked. It isn't one of those nasty locking nut 5 lb. bridge thingys. It's nice and simple.

I'm not much of a whammy person but the music I've been hearing in my head(or is that voices?) lately has whammy stuff in it so it would be nice to have something like this around to work with.

Originally posted by Gabriel E.:

Cuts the sustain.

Hmmmm....?

Not sure why it would cut sustain, as there is still the same point-to-point, metal-to-metal contact.

The one Artcore guitar I have with a roller bridge and whammy bar seems to have as much sustain as my other Artcore with regular bridge...

and the both have the same pickups.

Granted they are not identical bodies...but still, they sustain about the same from what I could tell.

AnywayIm not about to go and swap out a dozen bridges on all my guitarsbut it just seems like the roller bridges are gentler on the strings

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

Archived