Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

TC Electronics Sustain+ Parametric EQ

Wolfgangsta

I recently rediscovered a TC Electronics Sustain+Parametric EQ pedal stuffed away in my closet that I bought used about 17 years ago. Back then I couldn't figure out how to use it properly and just put it in the corner and forgot about it. Does anyone know anything about this pedal? I'm not a big pedal pusher (pun intended!), but if I can get some good advise regarding its use, I may try it out again. If not, it may go towards my GAS for a Strat. :thu: Thanks.
As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I used to use one in my pedalboard for many years of gigging and really liked it! It's the best compressor I've played through-loved it until it died on me after about a decade. If I'm not mistaken Eric Johnson used to use one and that's how I heard about them-also had one of their great chorus/flangers. Basically I left it on all the time, had the sustain knob on about 2 or 5, the gain knob on 2 or 3, sometimes more. Obviously you don't want to be pegging the gain but it's a very clean pedal, not much noise. The parametric function and center knobs always a taste thing, it depends on your ear. I never used the distortion switch and had it on the 2 octave bandwidth. There is a small noise suppression knob that you never want to turn up past 10 o'clock. I used to get a very lush, shimmering clean tone with it through my Boogie. I hope this helps, plug it in and check it out-I think you'll really like it! Let me know if you decide to sell it.

Archived