Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Last week L.A., next week...

PBBPaul

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are lucky you are not coming to Bismarck, ND. There is absolutely nothing to do during your off time.

Unless of course you like boating, water skiing, snomobiling, snow skiing, hunting, bike riding, and fresh air.

If its the music scene you seek, you might as well pass us by. Nothing here.

I realize the Bismarck harmonic orchestra will be pissed to hear me say that, but let's face facts. ND has squat for a music culture. Squat. No blues clubs, not much at all for live music. Maybe a handfull of bars throughout the entire state that hire live bands at all, usually local bands.

I don't know if I should be happy or sad here.

:D:cry:

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Originally posted by Bbach1:

You are lucky you are not coming to Bismarck, ND. There is absolutely nothing to do during your off time.

Unless of course you like boating, water skiing, snomobiling, snow skiing, hunting, bike riding, and fresh air.

If its the music scene you seek, you might as well pass us by. Nothing here.

I realize the Bismarck harmonic orchestra will be pissed to hear me say that, but let's face facts. ND has squat for a music culture. Squat. No blues clubs, not much at all for live music. Maybe a handfull of bars throughout the entire state that hire live bands at all, usually local bands.

I don't know if I should be happy or sad here.

:D:cry:

That's all right... Last week I was in L.A. and the only thing musical I was able to do was visit a Carvin store (I now understand what Boggs raves about). In addition to music, I enjoy good wine and since I'll be in a prime growing region, I'd be looking for some good wineries to try to visit. From what I've heard, I don't think Fresno has a music scene any better than Bismarck. I'll probably be in San Fransisco at some point during the day but it's close to two hours from where I'll be staying.

Are you trying to upset me?

Goes to California twice in 3 weeks. Never comes to Nashville. :D

Wish I could make some suggestions for Fresno, but that's one fairly well known California town I know even less than nothing about. (It's a space/time thing. Don't ask. ;) )

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

I'll probably be in San Fransisco at some point during the day but it's close to two hours from where I'll be staying.
If I am estimating correctly it sounds like you will be in the Livermore area or somewhere around there. Don't forget to add 1-2 hrs of sitting in traffic to almost were ever you go. The Bay Area is my old stomping ground. wish I could say I could hook up with ya there but I'm living in Washington now.

What can this strange device be?

When I touch it, it gives forth a sound

It's got wires that vibrate, and give music

What can this thing be that I found?

Originally posted by fantasticsound:

Wish I could make some suggestions for Fresno, but that's one fairly well known California town I know even less than nothing about. (It's a space/time thing. Don't ask. ;) )

Can I help it they gave me the Western third of the country? :P Some day Neil, some day...

Originally posted by bytored:

I'll probably be in San Fransisco at some point during the day but it's close to two hours from where I'll be staying.
If I am estimating correctly it sounds like you will be in the Livermore area or somewhere around there. Don't forget to add 1-2 hrs of sitting in traffic to almost were ever you go. The Bay Area is my old stomping ground. wish I could say I could hook up with ya there but I'm living in Washington now.
I'll be staying in Santa Nella. I expect loony traffic around San Fransisco but it can't be that bad around Fresno and the outlying areas, can it? I was lucky and able to get around L.A. quite well.

Hmm, Santa Nella, not familair with it. Yes expect crazy traffic around S.F. I wouldn't think traffic will be so bad around Fresno though.

What can this strange device be?

When I touch it, it gives forth a sound

It's got wires that vibrate, and give music

What can this thing be that I found?

Originally posted by PBBPaul:

Can I help it they gave me the Western third of the country? :P Some day Neil, some day...
:D I think I have a way to convince you to come to Nashville...

Aside from spending the afternoon at Gruhn Guitar, I discovered last weekend that a friend of mine is living with a woman whose father gave her a guitar he bought for $65, 10 or 15 years ago.

It's a 1958 or '59 ES-335. :eek: I played it for an hour last Saturday night. :thu:

Needs a bit of setup work. (Just a bit!) Apparently they brought it to Gruhn to get info about it and George said he could have it sold in 24 hours for $50k! :eek:

So far, she's not selling dad's guitar. (She's a scientist and a violin player.)

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

It's a 1958 or '59 ES-335. :eek: I played it for an hour last Saturday night. :thu:

Needs a bit of setup work. (Just a bit!) Apparently they brought it to Gruhn to get info about it and George said he could have it sold in 24 hours for $50k! :eek:

[/QB]

:eek::eek: That ranks up there with Ellwoods Moderne!
Lynn G

Originally posted by PBBPaul:

:D I think I have a way to convince you to come to Nashville...

Aside from spending the afternoon at Gruhn Guitar, I discovered last weekend that a friend of mine is living with a woman whose father gave her a guitar he bought for $65, 10 or 15 years ago.

So far, she's not selling dad's guitar. (She's a scientist and a violin player.)

Ow! Ow! Ow!

Dammit! Why couldn't I have gotten the SouthEast!?

I would love to just hold it for a while.

You wouldn't believe it, either. It's sitting in its' nearly disintegrated Geib & Co. case. :eek:

I figured they had some interesting but relatively useless guitar in the case. I just wanted to see what it was when my friend said, "I haven't told you about this guitar?!?"

In the course of playing it I checked out the orange sticker in the f-hole. I don't remember the entire number but it begins A282??. I double checked the serial against the known coding and, sure enough, it would appear to be a '58.

Mother. :freak:

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Archived