Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Quick Mod Question

John292

I have a few good input jacks laying around, and I was wanting to know how to replace the stock input jack on my VJ, with one of these switchcraft jacks. I don't think it should be to difficult, I just need a step by step guide from someone who knows.

Thanks for any help :P

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1/4" input jacks are pretty easy to replace, as the only thing that holds them in place (on most) is the outside nut.

You just unscrew it...and there's usually a washer after it, and another on the inside.

Then you just push on it with your finger, and it should end up dangling on the inside, with the two wires still attached to it.

Just move it off to the side a bit...and you can leave the wires attached.

Place the new input jack into the hole (don't forget the inside washer)...and then apply the outside washer/nut.

Now...unsolder the wires one at a time, and solder each to the same location on the new jack.

You may have to adjust this process a bit, depending on where the jack is and how it sits...but it's pretty straightforward.

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

OK...just to be sure...you are talking about the Epiphone Valve Junior (the Combo and not the Head)...right?

If yes...then go check out this guy's website...as he has done all kinds of mods to the VJ Combo...one of them being the Input Jack.

He recommends you swap out the stock jack with a nylon jack...as it cuts down on the hum.

VALVE JUNIOR MODS

So...the question then is, why are you swapping out the Input Jack?

Is it not working...or you just want to upgrade?

Check out the link to the mods...it may give you some food for thought. :thu:

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

Archived