Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Strings?

guitarisawayoflife21

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by guitarisawayoflife21:

There Long Islands own? What town is the company based in?

Farmingdale. The factory is somewhere near Wellwood and Conklin near Pinelawn Cemetary.

The funny thing for me is, I used these strings long before I moved to NY. I never knew they were based in LI.

Thats cool. My little brother in 3rd grade(I live in hicksville) is friends with some kid with the last name D'Addario and apparently he plays guitar. I might hafta investigate this situation. The only time kids usually start that young is if their parents are musicians, or string makers. :D

Thats cool. My little brother in 3rd grade(I live in hicksville) is friends with some kid with the last name D'Addario and apparently he plays guitar. I might hafta investigate this situation. The only time kids usually start that young is if their parents are musicians, or string makers. :D

He could very well be a D'Addario heir.

BTW, I work in Bethpage so I'm not too far from Hicksville (I think we've been through this before).

I've tried 'em all - no real favorites. I don't buy all the hype. I doubt there a more than a very few actual manufacturers of strings, and believe everyone's labels go on mostly the same products.
Never a DUH! moment! Well, almost never. OK, OK! Sometimes never!

Originally posted by Hard Tail:

He could very well be a D'Addario heir.

BTW, I work in Bethpage so I'm not too far from Hicksville (I think we've been through this before).

He might be. Im gonna hafta find out. And yea, we've probably been through this before.

Originally posted by Bluesape:

I've tried 'em all - no real favorites. I don't buy all the hype. I doubt there a more than a very few actual manufacturers of strings, and believe everyone's labels go on mostly the same products.

What I don't get into is the uber-expensive, stainless steel, fancy coated type of crap.

Just give me a $3.00 pack of D'Addarios and I'm happy.

Originally posted by Steevo:

Stick with your regular slinkys, or whatever feels right to you and be done with it. It's not really that important in the big picture. Just put on some fresh strings every so often, keep practicing, repeat. S.

Yeah, I know. I wasnt thinkin of changin types or anything. I love the EB's. Just wonderin what everyone else uses.

Originally posted by guitarzan:

mine are custom wound by aliens using a secret alloy known only to them.

I used to use those, but found the quality control lacking.....

also, shipping was becoming cost prohibitive...

Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=574296

http://www.myspace.com/imdrs

I keep coming back to Ernie Ball Light Top Heavy Bottoms (10 - 52), having tried lots. I like DR Pure Blues, but have to get them via internet.

I just don't get on with D'Addarios - no idea why.

G.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

Cool! I'll get some EXL 120s next time I'm ready.

Actually, I'm thinking of trying some XL 110s on my Strat as an experiment to hear how they sound.

I don't think I'll go the 10s route with the LP. I like the 9s just fine on that.

Last set of strings i put on my electric were DR Handmade Dimebag sig's..... But they are way too aggressive sounding. I have a set of DR Handmade Pure Blues or something or other to put on them next but due to budget cuts from congress (i.e. Karen) im waiting till these suckers break off first... Which I think is gonna be a long time.. as they sell them on the fact you can abuse the bejillickers out of them.

Archived