Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: What do you do?

Xplorer

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HAHHAHAHAH me too

But we're gonna get bricks thrown at us....

What pays for my GEAR though is tie-dying.

"My two Fender Basses, I just call them "Lesbos" because of the time they spend together in the closet."-Durockrolly

This has been a Maisie production. (Directed in part by Spiderman)

That assumes I'm making a living. :freak:

I work for an event production company. We produce shows for corporate events, parties, theaters and broadway styled shows on 5 of Celebrity Cruises' ships. That includes original arrangments and recordings, live entertainment, sets, lights & sound as well as logistics for corporate conventions.

I used to do setups and teardowns and the occassional sound system for them but have been working in the offices for the past 3 years.

When I can spare the time I'm a freelance mixer for artists and bands.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Originally posted by Mudcat:

I work in correctional healthcare (IE. I find doctors and other healthcare providers who are willing to treat jail and prison inmates).

I'm a paralegal for a medical malpractice lawyer. We sue your guys! :P But only once in six years have we had a prison case. The big city hospitals (with the fanciest reputations) are actually the most common screw-ups.

My boss was a doctor for 20 years before he got a law degree. Recently, he's taking clarinet lessons.

Originally posted by Rampdog:

Marine Biologist...I monitor all the Reds, Snook, and Spotted Seatrout in Tampa Bay... Sometimes I play with the sharks... :eek:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/Rampdog/Ramps/Ramps/Alotabull.jpg

looks like you play kinda rough there, Rampdog :D

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

In my "day" job, I am a team lead for a fairly large company (about 78000 people). My team develops and maintains network security software. We also handle network security protocols, security standards and maintain the company routers and firewalls. That's just the tip of the iceberg of the things the company I work for does.

I also write computer game code for PCs and Macs and do some contract work for a couple of game companys on the side.

I also have a cabinet business. I make custom kitchen and bathroom cabinets as well as custom built-in entertainment systems. I branched out into making musical instrument amplifier and speaker cabinets earlier this year.

I used to make money on the side by doing session work playing guitar. I did that for about 12 years but I gave it up last year. It just wasn't worth the aggravation anymore.

Born on the Bayou

Main full time job 1: Husband, Dad, yard monkey. Main full time job 2: RV salesperson. Also, part time truck driver. I take winter work (RV slow season) driving sanding trucks for the county during winter snow storms and still deliver silk plants to furniture stores in some surrounding states every once in a while, mostly trips to Chicago and Detroit.

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Originally posted by trguitar:

I wipe butts and save lives. I'm a registered nurse ... I work in a critical care unit.

You rock, TRGuitar. :thu: You also help families get through what can be the worst times of their lives...when a loved one has need of your services. And, for that, those of us who have had loved ones in your care are eternally grateful.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Archived