Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Fake Guitar Solo - Like A Lamb To The Slaughter

piaknowguy

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was fun to watch. Both videos.

Please tell me about the samples you used for the "fake" guitar solo. They sounds so real, at least the sustained notes did. Nice work on the pitch wheel. You had the whammy bar duplicated perfectly. The harmonics sound real.

Why did you call that a "fake" solo? The talent you displayed was real.

This is exactly why I don't work with keyboardist, they can out play me every time.

Excellent work.

Hey! You guys are amazing! To be perfectly honest, I thought that in posting some guitar work done on a keyboard, I would be 'Burned' in a guitar forum, so I really appreciate the encouraging comments. The keyboard is a Roland Fantom X8 that has sampling capability. It also has three MFX and a global chorus and reverb. I actually use the same COSM effects that guitarists who use Roland products use. The keyboard has the most amazing guitar amp simulator effects. Pappy P, I love 'The Blues' and will work on a BB King style vid! Thanks again for checking the vid out.

Cheers!

I know I can't speak for everyone here, especially considering I haven't been around here very long. But from what I know of myself and what I've read from many others around here, we're musicians first and guitarists second. Music is music regardless of what it's played on, and we respect skill & talent on any instrument.

No, about your rig, sounds like you've got a ton of $$$ in a super NICE setup. I'm eager to hear more.

WOOOOOOOOOW! watta Boogie!! only one complaint: I wanna see your face...Julia Roberts hands playing like R.Charles? (IT´S A JOKE don´t get angry, Steve Vai must be grateful to have similar hands hahaha!!!).You are a greatcoolplaying-monster, clone yourself playing guitar,bass & drums like J.Guitar watson (he started as pianist) in his recordings (Prince does too but...not commment).Where is the first video I´ve been looking for???

piaknowguy, great stuff and thanks for posting it! I wonder if we could interest you in doing some Jam Tracks with us. Some of us have created some backing tracks we use to solo over and it's tons of fun! My band put together some of these awhile back and some of the other guys have created some also. The tracks are all downloadable and are free to work with. You can find all of them stickyed at the very top of the first page. Some of mine have our keyboard player on them and some don't take a listen to them and maybe you would like to put a track over them and resubmit it. I bet you have a great B3 simulation with you equipment and allot of the tracks are blues based, some are Funk. Anyway take a look when you get a chance!

Archived