Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Fingertip extensions?

superdave

Okay some of you know that I don't have the last joint of my ring finger on my fret hand (left hand). I have been playing/practicing now for about four months. I've made some decent progress. I am having trouble making certain chords which I knew would happen. A saleperson at the Guitar Center told me that there is a finger extension that I can get to put on the end of my finger. He even gave me a web site, Stewart MacDonald but I didn't see it on there. Does anyone here know if such a thing exists and if so where can it be found?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great Dave and that might be the answer, in a real life experience here, I have a press operatior that lost a index finger tip just below the first joint, he has a prosthesis for it and I swear you cannot tell it's no natural. I don't know how functional it is (I WILL ask him Tuesday when we go back to work).

Thanks. I know it would not bend like a "real" figertip but just making up the distance I have lost would be a help. If it will stay on!!! I would hate to be playing in front of someone who didn't know about it and have the dang thing fall off! That would freak some people out wouldn't it? If it turns out that I get one and it doesn't work then I'll just deal with it. It's not the end of the world and there's a lot of things I can play around without a problem.

Originally posted by superdave:

I would hate to be playing in front of someone who didn't know about it and have the dang thing fall off!

That might be a good bit of showmanship though that could help you clinch a gig if you were auditioning for someone like Ozzy Ozourne! :P

Just a pinch between the geek and chum

Archived