Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Amps losing volume

cgearls

I've started having a problem with my new Vox AC30 where the volume just slowly goes down to almost nothing. I've only had it for a few months and this doesn't seem normal? I play through a thinline tele straight into the amp and use my pedalboard through the effects loop. My board consists of tuner->wah->rat->ts9->phaser->reverb->dl4 delay->micro amp. I have a crate palomino v32 amp that did the very same thing. I'm playing and then the volume just starts dropping. Could the problem be with my pedal board since it's happened with both amps? This is very frustrating.. Thanks for any help.

Chris

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has the voume drop been hapening slowly over time or does the amp start out at full volume every time you turn it on and then fade away?

But yeah, Geoff's called it - Definitely try it witout the pedals in the loop if you haven't. Could just be a dying battery...

Go that way really fast.  If something gets in your way, turn.

Well, come to think of it, it only happens with my strat. The volume dropped when playing with the strat. I turned the amp off, plugged in with my tele, powered back up and all was good. It has been fine since. My pedal board is powered. I'm not using any batteries. I guess I do need to test it out pretty good without the board in the loop.

Chris

Archived