Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Golden Brown

AeroG33k

I love this harpsichord driven song by the stranglers, and I'd love toplay that rythm on the guitar (the small solo doesn't sound hard to figure out), but I'm having a hard time transfering those harpsichord chords onto the fretboard, can anyone help? :confused:

-Andy

"I know we all can't stay here forever so I want to write my words on the face of today...and they'll paint it"

-Shannon Hoon (Blind Melon)

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Figure out the notes on the harpsichord, and match them up on your guitar. For example, if a chord on the harp is D, A, F, play D minor on your guitar. See where I'mgoing with this?

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=810593

http://www.myspace.com/dandelavega

It`s transposition, an important skill that takes some dedication to really get going. Having said that, some figures on the keyboard can be difficult or impossible on the guitar. If you can get the significant notes going on the fretboard that may have to suffice.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

From memory, the harpsichord in that song has some really weird timing - that alone would present a challenge. But harpsichord sounding guitar? Now that would really be a challenge, but anything's possible I suppose!

well I can imagine how it should sound, the timining shouldn't be too hard (it adds a beat in the chorus), and I could pull the sound of bu plucking the chord and fingerpicking instead of strumming (that's what I do to play lemon tree by fool's garden...excellent song). So I have the sound in my head, but I can't nail the chords (i have bad sense for relative pitch). I'll keep trying though...maybe I need an alternate tuning?

-Andy

"I know we all can't stay here forever so I want to write my words on the face of today...and they'll paint it"

I think I'm getting there...if you listen closely I found that there seems to be a harpsicord and a keyboard playing. They keyboard part seems less to be in terms of chords but more of a baseline, which is relatively easy to figure out on the guitar...hopefully my friend will be able to figure out the harpsichord part on her keyboard, and we'd be set. Thanks for the advice!

-Andy

Archived