Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: two

Minizan

i like 2. do you like 2? are you sure you like 2?

im sure I like 2! my brothers favorite number is

2. there is 2 ways to make 2. i said 2 twice!...

do you like 2? :);)

try saying that fast! :evil:

uh... who am i speaking to anyway? i'll know when i

see the picture and name!

1+1=7

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Two is pretty cool. I prefer 37 though. It's so...nice. I dunno. It's awesome.

"My two Fender Basses, I just call them "Lesbos" because of the time they spend together in the closet."-Durockrolly

This has been a Maisie production. (Directed in part by Spiderman)

Originally posted by Big Red 67:

I like 5, 11, 67, and 42. Pie (~3.14 ect.) isn't too bad cause it is soo usefull.

Oh yeah, '69 (get yer mind outa the gutter old guys) cause it is my favorite year camaro. I want a blue one with a wide single white racing stripe. A 454 with a really big blower sticking outa the hood.

Yep, '69 best year (IMHO) for Detroit muscle cars. Some say '70 but I think '69 was the best year.

I'll take a '69 Dodge Charger Daytona with an Ed Pink 502 inch supercharged elephant (custom built Chrylser hemi, the Pink Elephant 502 -- king of the dragstrip). Rally Red with the single black racing stripe straight up the middle.

I used to have a '69 Camaro RS, Big Red. It had a 396 in it with a Muncie M21 and a 12 bolt rear end (3.72 gear). It was blue with the dual white stripes, black interior and the hideaway headlights. I loved that car.

Born on the Bayou

Originally posted by LPCustom:

I used to have a '69 Camaro RS, Big Red. It had a 396 in it with a Muncie M21 and a 12 bolt rear end (3.72 gear). It was blue with the dual white stripes, black interior and the hideaway headlights. I loved that car.

I should have said the SS. Don't think it had the hideaways. I just remember seeing that and having this almost cartoon like look about really big wide tires in the back, a huge BLOWER sticking out of the hood, fuel injection, the drag race type of thing. I wanted much wide really low pro tires and rims up front, Really big fat tires in the back. I always thought it would corner better with wide tires up front. You Corvette rear end.

I have also thought that a really great 4X4 would use raised pumpkins like the corvette rear end. I wonder if the vette rear ends would be any good off road?

Yeah, I've wondered why they don't go with fully independent suspension on all four wheels. They use the Corvette pumpkins in drag racing so they are pretty strong. It maybe because of all the additional linkages and the fact that the pumpkin has to be mounted stationary. The wheels either have to move in an arc up and down because of the axle halfshafts or they would have to use slip spline couplers in addition to the two u joints if they went with leaf springs. Getting lots of mud in those u-joints would seem to not be good for them.

I've seen the standard steel halfshafts from racing Corvettes that were literally wrung in two with just the factory L-88 (454). I've even seen some of the stainless versions get wrung in two. Most of the top 'vette racers now use solid aluminum shafts to keep them from coming apart. If I was going to put this into a 4x4, that's probably the way I would go.

Born on the Bayou

Originally posted by Minizan:

Is that joe satriani in your pic? :eek:

Oh wait, nevermind. :D;)

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/5757/satrianivc2.png

I always knew there was something fishy with them, I guess now we know why he never takes those shades off. :cool:

-Andy

"I know we all can't stay here forever so I want to write my words on the face of today...and they'll paint it"

-Shannon Hoon (Blind Melon)

I like 5, 11, 67, and 42. Pie (~3.14 ect.) isn't too bad cause it is soo usefull.

Oh yeah, '69 (get yer mind outa the gutter old guys) cause it is my favorite year camaro. I want a blue one with a wide single white racing stripe. A 454 with a really big blower sticking outa the hood.

Yep, '69 best year (IMHO) for Detroit muscle cars. Some say '70 but I think '69 was the best year.

I'll take a '69 Dodge Charger Daytona with an Ed Pink 502 inch supercharged elephant (custom built Chrylser hemi, the Pink Elephant 502 -- king of the dragstrip). Rally Red with the single black racing stripe straight up the middle.

My heart weeps when I think of the big beautiful muscle cars of the 60s and 70s; then I see the wimpy little pathetic things we're obliged to drive now because gasoline is so expensive.

My hope is that an alternative fuel will be developed that will allow us to drive big-ass Dee-troit behemoths without a care in the world.

http://www.awa.tohoku.ac.jp/computer/image/sesame/count.gif

I love the number two!

One WONDERFUL post!

TWO! TWO TERRIFIC POSTS!!! HA HA HA!!!

(RUMMMMBLE...BOOOOOMM)

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Originally posted by Chad:

My heart weeps when I think of the big beautiful muscle cars of the 60s and 70s; then I see the wimpy little pathetic things we're obliged to drive now because gasoline is so expensive.

My hope is that an alternative fuel will be developed that will allow us to drive big-ass Dee-troit behemoths without a care in the world.

I agree whole-heartedly, Chad. I still have a "muscle" car but I'm almost afraid to drive it because it's nearly irreplaceable (fully restored 1971 Dodge Demon 340).

I'd love for Chrysler, or Chevy to do what Ford has done with the Mustang and revive some of those 35 year old muscle car body designs and put some real muscle under the hood. We may not get 440s or 454s anymore. But the new fuel injection systems and computer controls can squeeze a lot of ponies out of smaller engines these days.

The '71 340 was rated at 315 HP (shaft) and after I had the engine in my rebuilt and blueprinted it (in the original 340 block with matching serial numbers) was making right a 230 HP (brake). After I put a multiported EFI system and computerized control on it, ported the heads, put 2.5 inch dual exhaust on it and some other bits it cranks out almost 260 BHP, now (258). And it gets 24 miles to the gallon (highway) because it's so much more efficient, now.

This is what a 71 Demon 340 looks like.

http://www.crystalblack.com/files/1971Demon340.jpg

Mine is Plum Crazy (purple) in color with black stripes down the side and a black interior and no vinyl roof. Some 340s came with the single hood scoop but mine came with duals like this one (only one was missing). Mine was in pretty sad shape when I got it. It has taken a couple of years to restore it. I'm so afraid to drive it, especially after crashing my FatBoy, that it lives in a climate controlled storage building. I've driven it twice this year. I have $23,800 invested in mine. You wouldn't believe the insurance on it (full coverage).

Born on the Bayou

Originally posted by guitarzan:

you won't have to wait too long, haven't you heard that the challenger is coming back?

Unfortunately, Zan, with all the rumors that come out of Detroit the last few years, I'll have to see it to believe it. And even if they do produce a "Challenger", I'm pretty skeptical that it will resemble the original in any way. Oh, well.

Sometimes, I wonder who the designers and marketing people at the American automakers ask about car designs. Sometimes, I think they just make up their marketing test results to fit what they like.

Born on the Bayou

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Minizan:

TWO!!!!!!!!!!

22222222222!

i hate odd numbers!

there TWO odd!

odd sucks!

boo TWO odd!

even rocks!

odd sucks!