Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: wow 11 jear old girl!

wietse

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They say that Celine Dion was like that as a child... :freak:
Korg PA3X Pro 76 and Kronos 61, Roland G-70, Integra 7 and BK7-m, Casio PX-5S, Fender Stratocaster with Fralin pickups, Fender Stratocaster with Kinman pickups, 1965 Gibson SG Standard

Oh, I was going to post something clarifying what I meant. Don't know why I didn't.

As in, her voice is totally awesome but it's hard for me to appreciate because that's not the kind of music I like to listen to.

Kind of a joke.

It's been a really weird day.

I go die now.

"My two Fender Basses, I just call them "Lesbos" because of the time they spend together in the closet."-Durockrolly

This has been a Maisie production. (Directed in part by Spiderman)

Originally posted by bass247:

Oh, I was going to post something clarifying what I meant. Don't know why I didn't.

As in, her voice is totally awesome but it's hard for me to appreciate because that's not the kind of music I like to listen to.

Kind of a joke.

It's been a really weird day.

I go die now.

Ahh..OK. What you mean is that you LISTEN to the wrong kind of music. :D I get it now.

"And so I definitely, when I have a daughter, I have a lot of good advice for her."

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

Whew! Great phrasing, I love how she accents the letter "d" at the end of a couple lines, those little subtleties that make a great performance. Diggin' in...workin' it. I also like how she sings with eyes wide open, looking at the audience. There's a quality of "older person" in her singing. Anyway, blah, blah, blah.

I didn't dig what the British judge said about how she needs to change her onstage attire. Let the kid be a kid...stardom will rob her of that innocence soon enough.

Originally posted by A String:

:eek: That is, by far, the most spectacular performance from a kid I have ever seen. My jaw is still in the "fully dropped" position. That kid is going to be a star.

That's exactly how I felt when I saw the first airing of this performance. Simply amazing (in a see of oddities and mediocre singers.)

In fact, there's another girl, 14 years old, who performed a few places before Bianca who was ok but Moesha was absolutely gushing over the first girl. I only caught that other girl's performance on Wednesday and she wasn't any better. She was good. Needed a lot of polish. Nothing like the phrasing and maturity of Bianca's voice.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

I loved the innocence at the end of the routine. The grin and quick sheepish wave to her daddy. Too bad stardom forces them to grow up too fast. I have a ten year old daughter and her life is, thankfully, still fantasy land, dolls and stuffed animals.
Raise your children and spoil your grandchildren. Spoil your children and raise your grandchildren.

yeah, we seen her perform on the show that night.

i was speechless. awesome. she has pipes and carries herself well.

did any of you see the Wilsons? the two brothers.

one plays and sings and the younger plays harp like he is possessed.

i made a comment that if Angus Young played guitar , Taylor Hicks (American Idol) sang and the younger Wilson played harp on the same stage there would be a serious accident! no kiddin the young guy rips.

amazing.

I don't care for the music. She is a complete natural singer! Why are the critics always English? I thought it was American Idol with that guy telling her to change her shoes or whatever.

The whole karaoke contest bores me most of the time, but this 11 yr old is a great talent. Lets hope she can write music too.

Originally posted by Tedster:

Yup...the torch is passed from Whitney and Celine...to the next generation of people for us old rock and rollers to make fun of... ;)

She kicks ass!

I can not stand the over indulgence of Whitney!

This girl is so much better then Whitney and Celine that I can't believe that she could be in the same sentence as them.

How does a person that young have soo much soul?

Originally posted by TheOtherLee:

Fleh..

And by fleh I mean, yes shes very good... But I dont know why but female singers have never really floated my boat :)

Yes. I know what you mean. All vocalists should be male. Female vocalists are completely useless. Women should not be allowed to sing in public (or in private for that matter. not even in the shower) This girl, although talented, has no place in the music business, because she is a female vocalist. She should be sent back to cheerleading school where she can be disciplined daily until she accepts her place and realizes the folly of her aspirations to sing in public and accepts her role as a cheerleader. The nerve. What would ever make her believe that anyone would want to listen to her...a FEMALE singer. Some people! Just because she is perfectly on pitch (99.99% of the time) with a sweet, pure, powerful and confident voice....WHO DOES SHE THINK SHE IS?!?!!?! The little harlot!!! :P:D

"And so I definitely, when I have a daughter, I have a lot of good advice for her."

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

Originally posted by Sasquatch51:

Originally posted by TheOtherLee:

Fleh..

And by fleh I mean, yes shes very good... But I dont know why but female singers have never really floated my boat :)

Yes. I know what you mean. All vocalists should be male. Female vocalists are completely useless. Women should not be allowed to sing in public (or in private for that matter. not even in the shower) This girl, although talented, has no place in the music business, because she is a female vocalist. She should be sent back to cheerleading school where she can be disciplined daily until she accepts her place and realizes the folly of her aspirations to sing in public and accepts her role as a cheerleader. The nerve. What would ever make her believe that anyone would want to listen to her...a FEMALE singer. Some people! Just because she is perfectly on pitch (99.99% of the time) with a sweet, pure, powerful and confident voice....WHO DOES SHE THINK SHE IS?!?!!?! The little harlot!!! :P:D
Well thats not what I said. If thats what you beleive mate then please dont associate my opinion with yours.

I don't really think that she's necessarily "better" than Celine or Whitney. She's a "singer's singer". A singer in the same vein as what Celine and Whitney do...or any of those "power ballad" singers. She continues the tradition...one could possibly point to Streisand in the 60s and 70s as being that style of singer...definitely Whitney and Celine in the 80s and 90s. She's destined for the same type of gigs...the glitzy Vegas type things. She won't be an Alanis or a Sheryl Crow...she has "mass appeal"...meaning everyone from little old ladies to R&B aficionados will dig what she does. It really makes no sense to compare her level of talent with Celine or Whitney. They were then and now, this little gal is the now and the future of that genre of singer.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Archived