Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT 007

Backnblack

I watched James Bond when I was 7, I think. :D Yeah, that's why I'm so weird. :P

"My two Fender Basses, I just call them "Lesbos" because of the time they spend together in the closet."-Durockrolly

This has been a Maisie production. (Directed in part by Spiderman)

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ian Flemming decribed Bond as having a sort of cruel looking face. Brosnan simply doesn't have that, neither did Moore, Dalton, or Lazenby. The closest Brosnan in particular ever got to that was coldly pissed off, and the others were just abysmally mismatched for the part. Connery, in his clean-shaven younger days, had that sort of cruel look to his face. He was perfect for the part of Bond, and no one has captured that look since.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Lishen!!

There hash only been One Real Jamesh Bond and he ish, of courshe, Sean Connery (being a Scot, I'm allowed to do that).

To add to the input above, when I was pretty young, (late 50's & early 60s,) 'James Bond by Ian Fleming' was serialised on the back page of The Daily Express in cartoon form.

I can't remember who drew the pics, but they were seen and approved by Fleming himself, and if my memory serves me well, the drawings of Bond were astonishingly like Timothy Dalton.

If someone has the time to do some research into that, it'd be interesting to hear their opinion.

Geoff

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

I was going to say something along your lines, Geoff: if Bond is supposed to have a "cruel face" Dalton is the closest to that. He was a good Bond, though too short-lived to get used to, I suppose. But how many other films has he starred in where he's been a great villain? No other Bond has really done that...

"Am I enough of a freak to be worth paying to see?"- Separated Out (Marillion)

NEW band Old band

Originally posted by guitarzan:

though my favorite spy is Johnny English :D

I love just about anything Rowan Atkinson gets up to in his films, stage act and television.

His video "a final bash" is very funny. I especially like the pantomime drummer bit.

Unfortunately, the "Johnny English" was a bit of a let down. There was too much recycled material in it. If it was the first time you'd seen Rowan in anything, then it was probably very funny. The trailers gave away too many of the gags, too.

He has been in three series that I know of: "Black Adder", "The Thin Blue Line" and "Mr. Bean". I also thought he was quite good in "Not The Nine O'Clock News".

Born on the Bayou

not to laugh but sean was only on one video game...

from russia with love.

i have it and its sorta good.

but pierce bronsan was on every other game!

he was on nightfire, goldeneye, goldeneye rouge agent: he died on that one sadly :cry: ,

the world is not enough, and so forth.

but on agent under fire i dont know who played bond.

not bronsan probably!

Brett, sonofazan 1

Originally posted by LPCustom:

"Black Adder"

Genius. The first series where he was a dolt and last one during the war weren't as funny as the second one where he was a pseudointellectual bad guy, but man it was funny stuff. I think Black Adder II was some of his best stuff. Far better then Bean (An I loved Bean!).

Originally posted by Backnblack:

from russia with love.

he was on nightfire, goldeneye, goldeneye rouge agent: he died on that one sadly :cry: ,

not bronsan probably!

Are we talking about the best Bond in a movie or the best Bond in a video game?

Originally posted by A String:

from russia with love.

not bronsan probably!

Are we talking about the best Bond in a movie or the best Bond in a video game?
either one will do.
Brett, sonofazan 1

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by skipclone 1:

Sorry, I`d take on Brosnan anytime.

Sean, in his prime, would have kicked my butt all over the map.

if ya didint notice pierce is THE origional bond.

everyone else quit!

does pierce still play bond?

if he doesnt, who does?

just a question.

Brett, sonofazan 1

Chicks dig cheesy????? Pappy-where did you get that from? LOL......

Sean was my fave 007,but my fave guy in the movies was the one that came up with all of 007s' gadgets...esp the way he could set up a car. I haven't played a video game since the early Nintendo,unless you count my playing chess with my Mac every now & again.

The thing I liked about Sean Connery's Bond was that there were times he really looked like he was in trouble and by, sometimes, luck, and sometimes guile, he manages to prevail.

None of the other actors made that so real, and Roger Moore just turned Bond into a cartoon character.

G.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

Originally posted by Geoff Byrne:

Roger Moore just turned Bond into a cartoon character.

How about that awful movie Moore did, (ffffffffffffffffff)ffolkes!! AKA North Sea Oil Rig I think.

Moore- " I happen to like cats and I do not like people who don't ! "

That was a pitiful film.

everyone else quit!

if he doesnt, who does?

just a question.

Who what how? you mean original as in the first? you must be going backward in time. Send me a postcard of a dinosaur later :)

No, Pierce B. is not still playing Bond. The studio called and said his "services as 007 would no longer be required". Many people think he should still do it, the same thing happened when Sean C. stopped being 007. There is a new guy, who I haven`t seen yet and don`t know anything about. But he will soon be in the next 007 film.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

everyone else quit!

if he doesnt, who does?

just a question.

Who what how? you mean original as in the first? you must be going backward in time. Send me a postcard of a dinosaur later :)

No, Pierce B. is not still playing Bond. The studio called and said his "services as 007 would no longer be required". Many people think he should still do it, the same thing happened when Sean C. stopped being 007. There is a new guy, who I haven`t seen yet and don`t know anything about. But he will soon be in the next 007 film.

no pierce was not the first.

i think timmothy dalton was.

who was your 2nd fave bond?

(say pierce!)

Brett, sonofazan 1

quote:

everyone else quit!

if he doesnt, who does?

just a question.
Who what how? you mean original as in the first? you must be going backward in time. Send me a postcard of a dinosaur later
:)

no pierce was not the first.

i think timmothy dalton was.

who was your 2nd fave bond?

(say pierce!)

Pierce.

Well that was pretty easy, he IS my second favorite. But if you can forgive the earlier movie technology, you really should see some of Sean C.`s films, it`s good stuff. Here`s the part where I say I`m NOT going to recommend `You Only Live Twice`, just because it has a Japanese theme. It`s a good action film with lots of martial art action, AND it has a Japanese theme.

I think the first Bond film though, was actually Dr. No, in 1964 (correct me if I`m wrong data junkies)

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

Originally posted by Fumblyfingers:

Originally posted by Geoff Byrne:

Was that 'The Wild Geese'?G.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d42/Gypsyfingers/B00009AOBJ.jpg
Yes, well.

'Wild Geese' was probably as bad.

I remember when he was in 'Ivanhoe' on TV. These were terrible.

G.

G.

My father was a spy... of sorts.

Career man.

Served from the beginning until the end of WW2 & went to British Intelligence for the cold war years. Making people disappear was the order of the day. Left in 1955, Came to Canada to be a salesman.

It's true.... so there.

I still think guitars are like shoes, but louder.

Archived