Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hello everybody, I need an guitar intructor.

Weiyu

Hello

I am from Taiwan, an exchange student who is going to University of Georgia in GA, Athens. I would like to find a guitar instructor to teach me. I love hard rock and heavy metal, and I want to play metallica, Guns n' roses, children of bodom's songs. Could you recommand any guitar instructor in GA,Athens? Or what is the quality of a excellent guitar instructor should have? Thank you! :)

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Weiyu

Welcome to our forum. I used to live in Taiwan, do you know Shifan Daxue in Taipei? I don`t know

about the situation in Georgia, but it sounds like you should find someone who knows and loves the same music that you do, but who can also teach you skills that are useful in all kinds of music. Good luck and huanying!

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

Originally posted by skipclone 1:

Hi Weiyu

Welcome to our forum. I used to live in Taiwan, do you know Shifan Daxue in Taipei? I don`t know

about the situation in Georgia, but it sounds like you should find someone who knows and loves the same music that you do, but who can also teach you skills that are useful in all kinds of music. Good luck and huanying!

Thanks for your greetings!

I think you mean National Taiwan Normal University(NTNU). I am from National Taiwan University(NTU), and I lived pretty near Shifan Daxue(NTNU). Sulimase!

Welcome to the forum Weiyu. If the University of Georgia has a music program they probbaly have a network of teachers available. Most music stores also have teachers associated and you take lessons in the store. Someone mentioned Craigslist and you could find a teacher there, post a message similar to this on their site and you should get some responses. Look and see if there are any free local music magazines or newspapers, these usually have a classified section where teachers advertise.

Hi Big Red 67

Gruppi

I knew that Flagpole in athens provides all kind of music-related information, but I only find one guitar instructor ad. That is why I come here. Thanks for your suggestion and information.

Originally posted by Weiyu:

Originally posted by skipclone 1:

Hi Weiyu

Thanks for your greetings!

I think you mean National Taiwan Normal University(NTNU). I am from National Taiwan University(NTU), and I lived pretty near Shifan Daxue(NTNU). Sulimase!

Hi Weiyu

That`s right. I used to train with the taekwondo club at NTU but I went to school at NTNU. I`m tring to arrange a time to go back for a visit this year, it will probably be in september. The gongguan area, near NTU, is my favorite place to hang out in Taipei, lots of great restaurants.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

Archived