Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

PRS vs Epiphone

Clapton is God

Hey Guys;

I'm in the market for a new axe. I'm having trouble making a decision between the PRS Tremonti and the Epiphone Les Paul. Has anyone had any experiance with the 2 or can someone share any insight into this?

Thanks Guys...

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k81/exhunter56/d8dc0583.jpg

Dick Cheney is organising another hunting trip... who's in?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked the feel and the sound of the Epi too. It's hard for me to tell the difference yet.

Unfortunately, I've not even tried a PRS. I'm afraid to add more confusion to my life.

I've just recently resolved the differences between Mexi-Strats and Mercan-Strats.

I do believe the Tremonti and the Epiphone are in the same price range, but the Tremonti is a little more expensive.

I heard that the bridge and the tailpiece are one unit and that it has a better tone. However, this is just hear-say on my part.

I know we have a ton of guys here that are PRS fanatics.

And I want even mention the Ya....

maha that seems to be quite popular in this price range as well...lol. (finishing Pappy's post).

I know nothing of the Yamaha's, but, I did make the same comparisons you are, and ended up with the Epi LP. Don't get me wrong. The PRS Tremonti is an awesome guitar. But, I bought the Epi because I wanted the tones that an LP provides, and the PRS had a sound of it's own, not a LP tone at all.

Like Big Red, I too compared the Epi LP to the Gibson LP, and couldn't find a $2,770 improvement in tone and playability between the two, so being the tightwad I am, I bought the Epi and couldn't be happier. But in fairness to the PRS Tremonti, I plan to have it too soon. In fact your thread has rekindled my interest and I may have to go get it this week.

Buy both if you can. You'd still be thousands less than the top of either line, and no doubt be just as happy.

Kerry

Originally posted by Hairfarmer:

Like Big Red, I too compared the Epi LP to the Gibson LP, and couldn't find a $2,770 improvement in tone and playability between the two, so being the tightwad I am, I bought the Epi and couldn't be happier. But in fairness to the PRS Tremonti, I plan to have it too soon. In fact your thread has rekindled my interest and I may have to go get it this week.

Buy both if you can. You'd still be thousands less than the top of either line, and no doubt be just as happy.

Some of the Gibsons I played didn't sound as good as the Ephi. So,...REALLY could not see spending the money.

Originally posted by Pappy P:

Oh oh. I have to ask, what's wrong with Tremonti?

Was he in that video with Stapp and Kid Rock?

Thats the problem with Tremonti right there, you answered your own question. :D

I have heard that his PRS is a very good guitar for the price.

Thanks for your input guys... I really value your input... I am caught on the fence, but leaning toward's the Epi, always liked 'em. As for the PRS, I cant handle the 12th fret "MARK TREMONTI" look... i could live without that.

I just heard that bang for your buck the PRS is a great value with the subtle LP look...

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k81/exhunter56/d8dc0583.jpg

Dick Cheney is organising another hunting trip... who's in?

Originally posted by Clapton is God:

Most days I love it. Its the Vantage that I have my Love/Hate relationship with...

I'll buy that Vantage off of you. Put an end to that situation.
What a horrible night to have a curse.

Archived