Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Finally-pics of Skipclone`s new best friend...

skipclone 1

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It`s a Cole Clark, they`re based in Melbourne. I wanted this thing so much I exhibited behavior completely unknown for me. One, I found it on the internet and bought it without having played it. Two, I bought it second hand-but whoever owned it before must have barely touched it, it`s totally pristine. All Australian timber, though what timber exactly I have no idea. I actually flew to Australia, took a bus from Sydney to Woolangong, and still spent less than if I had bought it in Japan. It is rock solid, very easy to play. The in-house pickups are nice, not exceptional. May switch those out later.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

I was gonna say, you flew all the way to Sydney to buy it? :eek:

I think I'll try that on my wife...

"Hon...I'm gonna buy a new guitar. The catch is, I've got to pick it up in Sydney. Wanna come along?"

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Originally posted by Tedster:

I was gonna say, you flew all the way to Sydney to buy it? :eek:

I think I'll try that on my wife...

"Hon...I'm gonna buy a new guitar. The catch is, I've got to pick it up in Sydney. Wanna come along?"

Well just tell her, `Don`t worry, we can start from Tokyo. It`s a a lot cheaper that way."

If you`re still able to, write and tell me how it goes... :)

I've heard of Cole Clarks and will investigate further. Hope you enjoyed Sydney (and Woolongong). I'm sure your guitar has left some pleasant vibes while it leaned against the harbour bridge pylon like that - next time I'm in that park I'll be thinking of your Cole Clark :thu:

That is one sweet looking guitar Skip. I don't know if I'd fly to Austrailia to get one, but I'd drive to Michigan. Is that about the same thing? :D:thu:

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Originally posted by Geoff Byrne:

Okay - so I'm going to Oz in October - November - I'd better start taking orders from you guys :D

Geoff

Yes sir! Because Scotland is sssooooooooooo much closer (and cheaper) than Australia! :freak::D

That is beautiful, Skip. But I thought your new best friend was the Sydney Opera House. :freak:

;):D

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Hi and good morning.

Play as good as it looks folks, I kid you not. In fact if you look at the guitar furthest to the right in my avatar, it also plays great but the Cole Clark has the playability I was after when I bought that one (for a higher price no less). I`m not always a fan of those teeny tiny hard rock machine-style bodies. This one fits my hands and arms, has a fast fretboard, strings have a wide but not too wide spacing, easy to articulate notes. I`ll be doing some recording with it after summer break so some posted sounds will be forthcoming.

Originally posted by fantasticsound:

Originally posted by Geoff Byrne:

Okay - so I'm going to Oz in October - November - I'd better start taking orders from you guys :D

Geoff

Yes sir! Because Scotland is sssooooooooooo much closer (and cheaper) than Australia! :freak::D

That is beautiful, Skip. But I thought your new best friend was the Sydney Opera House. :freak:

;):D

oh yeah, me and the O.H.-it loves it when I call it the O.H.-total family. We had a little fight when I said it would be a great place for karaoke though... :D

I can see you carrying that babe all over Australia taking pictures of it. Now you need to do the same in Japan. :thu: Here's my guitar at Mt. Fuji, here it is at Kintai Bridge, heres my guitar (surely you'll have a name for it by now) at the Cherry Blossom Festival...
Raise your children and spoil your grandchildren. Spoil your children and raise your grandchildren.

Originally posted by caprae:

I can see you carrying that babe all over Australia taking pictures of it. Now you need to do the same in Japan. :thu: Here's my guitar at Mt. Fuji, here it is at Kintai Bridge, heres my guitar (surely you'll have a name for it by now) at the Cherry Blossom Festival...

Ha! well if you know cherry blossom festivals, there`s no way I could hold a camera steady at those events. Anyway I don`t name my instruments and the guys who made this one already came up with one that`s hard to beat-it`s called the `Mistress.`

Archived