Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: My cat got "fixed" today

superdave

I dropped the the little hairball machine off at the vet this morning to get his family jewels tweeked. My wife called to check on him this afternoon and the assisstant there said nobody could get within five feet of his cage without "sunny" going apeshit. Hissing,spitting, growling...etc. He is just basically pissed off and going nuts (pun intended).

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lemme tell ya, if you were to take me to a vet, lock me in a cage and proceed to cut my balls off, I'd be doing more than hissin' 'n spittin'!!! Somebody would be goin' down!!!

I love cats, and honestly, it is the best thing you could do for him.

Wang

My old neighbor, a real backwoods sort of guy, had my boys about as high as they could go when he described in some detail how vets are too expensive, so he did his own dog's fixin.... Something about an elastic band and box cutters....
www.myspace.com/darcyhoover

That sounds like a Balzak thing...

ya get yer heavy duty elastic band about the size of a dime and this stretchy thing that brings it out to about 4 inches across.

Ya slip it over the business parts and let 'er snap off.

Things get green after a few weeks and simply drop off in the field. Instant steer.

All rather discusting if you ask me :freak:

I got fixed... electro-coterization with a Lincoln welder :eek: ... and the freezing didn't quite take.

3 guys I know who went to the same doctor went on to have more children. He left for the U.S. shortly after that.

I still think guitars are like shoes, but louder.

I got one. You can expect a little bruising, and you will be a little uncomfortable for a day or two. Just take it easy. The Dr. put staples on each end of the tubes he cut, so it felt a litte weird at first. He told me to check for lumps every so often.

The surgery itself was not big deal. It was the shaving before hand and the Local Anestisia Shot that was uncomfortable. When he sticks you with the needle it feels like getting kicked in the balls.

The really odd thing, the Dr. starts talking baseball while he is working on me. I wanted him to be concentrating on his job. It maybe routine for him, but not for me.

Originally posted by Hard Tail:

Speaking of getting fixed, I'm thinking of getting a vasectomy. Anyone ever go through that?

I still have that neighbor's number if you want to save some cash....

Got it done (by a doctor) and heed his advice to TAKE IT EASY FOR A FEW WEEKS. Mine kept getting put back and ending up falling between Christmas and New Years. Three days after I was feeling pretty "normal". New Years Eve I drink myself silly, play broomball with 30 other drunk idiots on a frozen lake at -30 for a few hours, then go dancing at a club till the wee hours. Next day, I was so swollen I couldn't walk. I was uncomfortable for two weeks!

www.myspace.com/darcyhoover

i had mine done after a 12 to 8 then went to work 4 to 12 the next day for three shifts and then vacation. i did however walk softly and had a nice frozen bag of peas for company.

no problems except i had to crawl in the kitchen window after the first 4 to 12 because i forgot my keys.

Buzz, do you remember the nice cooling feeling of the disinfecting spray that soon turned into the fires of hell? sometimes shaving leaves you vunerable. :cry:

Originally posted by Hfx_Buzz:

My old neighbor, a real backwoods sort of guy, had my boys about as high as they could go when he described in some detail how vets are too expensive, so he did his own dog's fixin.... Something about an elastic band and box cutters....

Dental floss. Tied really tight. I used this on a skin tag my dog had once. It got all full of blood then dryed up and fell off. The dog didn't mind. Then, I have a way with dogs. Pulled a tick off of my dogs eye lid once and the dog didn't even flinch!

Archived