Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hello from G'zan JR.

Guitarzan

hi guys my son wants to say something.

please be nice.(Zan out)

ummmm... hi. i like AC/DC. do you? i'm getting to learn to play guitar. i'm sure you guys already know how! let me introduce myself. my name is ben, my age is 9, i'm in gr. 3. moving to gr. 4.

cool, eh? (canadian word ONLY!)

see ya's!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sure you've got one of the best teachers in Canada, eh? (We learn quickly down here.) My sons didn't pick up the guitar until they were 13 and I can't hold a candle to your dad as a teacher, so rock on!
Raise your children and spoil your grandchildren. Spoil your children and raise your grandchildren.

Hey Ben, What's your favorite AC/DC tune? Back in Black? It should be your favorite AC/DC tune heh heh. :D

Or maybe some of the geetar twangers on here would have a different opinion about that....

Just a pinch between the geek and chum

Hi Gzan jr! I'm sorry to hear that you want to be in a rock band. Why don't you get rich instead and you can own a lot of rock bands. :D

Don't let your dad harp on you all the time about technique. It's highly overrated. Just look at pro golfers. Everyone of them has a different putting technique. Just get the ball in the hole. That's all you have to know about technique.

;)

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Welcome Ben! Your Dad's a pretty cool guy. We all like him around here..well, most of us like him. Well...ok, some of us do...alright, alright...a couple of people like him a little sometimes..just kidding...he's one of the coolest people on here. I should know. Us BigFoots know cool when we see it.

We'll be waiting for you to post some sound clips when you get those AC/DC songs down.....listen to Dad...he'll teach you right.

"And so I definitely, when I have a daughter, I have a lot of good advice for her."

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

Hey There Junior 'Zan!!!!

A BIG hello from Geoff in England!! I'm really Scottish, but these nice people let me live down here if I play them rocking tunes on my my guitar (yeah - right!!).

Keep practicing, but don't forget everything else.

Good luck. :D

Geoff

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

Originally posted by Guitarzan:

...and i am going to be in a rock

band when i grow up. :thu::)

Yeah, me too, if I ever grow up. At 53, I am beginning to wonder if it's gonna happen...growing up, I mean... :D

Sounds like you're off to a good start. Just keep playin', and it'll all happen the way it's supposed to. Enjoy the ride along the way.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Hey, Ben!

Congrats on taking up guitar. Your dad will be a great teacher, and we look forward to you becoming as helpful and supportive a member as he is! :thu:

Never a DUH! moment! Well, almost never. OK, OK! Sometimes never!

Great to have you aboard, Ben!

Make sure your dad teaches you some fingerpicking. Fingerpicking rocks! (Can you guess what I like to play? Dust In The Wind by Kansas or Boston's More Than A Feeling are great songs to start with. (Am I suggesting song by band or places to visit in the U.S.? :freak: )

Originally posted by Tedster:

Rock on, G'Zan Jr.!

(Shaolin priest voice):

http://www.makethemaccountable.com/podvin/images/Festivus3ShaolinPriest.JPG

Ahhh...young Benjamin...practice diligently in everything you do, guitar, schoolwork, everything. Strive to be the best that you can be in all things.

Well, Ted, at least now we know what you're hiding behind those shades. Nice eyes, dude. :D

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Archived