Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What is the verdict?

revolead

This guy is very good at what he does. The question is what do you think? Is it masturbatory or amazing?

--------------------------------------------------

I'm of the opinion that yeah, it is interesting, but seriously, how many hours of fingertapping exercises did he do working on just that? Could he play something else? Is he good at regular guitar too?

My two cents.

Shut up and play.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, technically it's pretty amazing. But it's kind of like a stunt. After the seeing it first time, it loses it's impact. And you shouldn't have to SEE someone play an instrument to appreciate it.

That type of technical proficiency is evidence of never getting laid.

Besides, there are guys out there who do technically amazing things on the guitar but actually make music in the process. Charlie Hunter is a fave of mine.

Everybody knows rock attained perfection in 1974. It's a scientific fact. - Homer Simpson

Lots of work and skill to pull that off, but musically needs work. The tone a rhythm are still not there. But geez, the guy looks young, let him keep working and maybe he can come up with something. Its easy to knock it since its not quite ready for prime time, but I'm still inpressed with the effort.

Amazingly masturbatory. If he can do that stuff, he can probably learn to do a lot of other stuff as well, but I don't find that very entertaining, really. You can tell, however, that he's willing to work on his chops. He might go a long way because of that.

Always remember that you�re unique. Just like everyone else.

Archived