Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Happy 4th!

alittlebatty

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, happy 4th. For all problems we have in this country, at least we have the right to try and do something about it, not a bad deal. Could it be better, sure, could it be worse, yeah much worse. It's nice on this holiday to sit back and think about the good things about the place I call home. I tend to dwell on the negative too much, but when it comes down to it, things are really pretty good.

Unfortunately that's probably all the fireworks I'll see. We always get caught traveling during prime fireworks time.
Raise your children and spoil your grandchildren. Spoil your children and raise your grandchildren.

Just read that the Declaration of Independence was voted for on July 2, and then signed over a period of months, but mostly on Aug. 2.

Looks like we're celebrating on the wrong day!

Raise your children and spoil your grandchildren. Spoil your children and raise your grandchildren.

Originally posted by musicalhair:

It sounds like we should be celebrating from July 2 through at least Aug 2. Let's push it straight up to Labor Day, July 2 through Labor Day will be the new holiday. A lot more parties for bands to play at.

I like the way you think. :thu:

Sad thing is today I'm: changing the oil in a lawn tractor and a string trimmer, putting down landscaping fabric, mulching around my grape vines and trees, and other such stuff. I don't need anymore parties like this.

check out some comedy I've done:

http://louhasspoken.tumblr.com/

My Unitarian Jihad Name: Brother Broadsword of Enlightened Compassion.

Originally posted by musicalhair:

Sad thing is today I'm: changing the oil in a lawn tractor and a string trimmer, putting down landscaping fabric, mulching around my grape vines and trees, and other such stuff. I don't need anymore parties like this.

I can do all of those things with a beer in my hand and music rockin' out the bugs and rodents around the ol' homestead.

Happy 4th to all of you down there or where ever you're celebrating and however you wish to bring it in!

Buy fireworks for your kids if you can't get to a municipal display. Kids deserve fireworks and bonfires.

I still think guitars are like shoes, but louder.

Originally posted by Gruupi:

For all problems we have in this country, at least we have the right to try and do something about it, not a bad deal..

Isn't that awesome? I love the fact that I can challenge the public sector to obey the Constitution and their own laws which they can't even follow themselves !! Can't do that anywhere else

People say to me all the time when they hear of some of the issues I bring up , "IF you don;t like America, why don't you leave" or some statement to the effect of "don't le tthe door hit ya in the ass"

I didn't say that I didn't like America, I just reserve my rights to challenge the governing bodies of the union to follow the law.

Too many equate the United States Covernment with being our country

I say Love America, and get the Government to fear you !!

Benjamin Franklin

Those who give up essential liberties for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official...

Theodore Roosevelt

Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official

Thomas Jefferson

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive.

.. .Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none.

. . .When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.

Pat Buchanan

If we don't stop behaving like the British Empire, we will end up like the British Empire.

Archived