Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: POP UPS!!!

BiC

Are you guys suddenly getting pop-ups???

I sure am!!! :freak:

I even have my blocker on.

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also notice that when I preview my message, it pops up to the right side of my screen instead of the middle.

hummm...

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

Alright, I left the forum and went elsewhere. The pop-ups followed and stuff is trying to install.

Looks like I've been "invaded".

The pop-ups are from "softwareaffiliates.net".

Suggestions?

Originally posted by Squ:

haha, do you have any kind of ad-adware? You apparently have spy ware/adware. I'm assuming you run windows..

Download this and run it:

http://www.lavasoft.de/software/adaware/

I downloaded this.

At first I downloaded Stopzilla... but did not want to pay for it.

Thanx! :thu:

Heck, my system is a lot faster now too.

I highly recommend using the two freeware programs:

Spybot and Zonealarm .

These are the two that I use and I have no problems at all. Zone Alarm blocks all sorts of popups and more importantly, keeps others from stealing your internet bandwidth and hacking onto your computer. The only catch is, if you have a few computers networked, you need the "Pro" version for internet sharing.

Spybot is my favorite spyware/adware killer! since I installed those two programs, I've had no problems. Plus, when you first install Zone Alarm, you get a message everytime it stops someone from accessing your computer. You will be shocked how often it happens.

Adaware, HiJack this, Zonealarm. All good to a point.

I use them all and a popup blocker and AVG anitvirus software and still got invaded a couple weeks ago and couldn't get the problem removed.

I then found Ewido anti-malware. Not free, but cleaned up the stuff Adaware and the others could not find or repair.

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Archived