Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Stevie Wonder is an INCREDIBLE SINGER!!

Gifthorse

I have always been as obsessed with vocals as guitar. I am not a great singer, I hope to be someday but even then will my tone be great? Dunno.

I love Stevie, he is inspiring. I have Innervisions and Musicqaurium. God he is a perfect example of a prodigy musician.

His drumming on Innervisions is incredible. I love 'too high' GOD, it makes me feel like I am just a tard.

Listening to 'do I do'. What an incredible voice. Stevie Wonder, Dug Pinnick, Jeff Buckley pretty much sum up what I like in a singer.

I personally think black gospel singers are the best. I remember I bought Take 6 in like 1990 and I listened to it for like a year rewinding parts a million times. I lost the tape but I still remember every part. They are incredible.

Stevie is like that too, just incredible feeling/soul and control. Nailing those pentatonics like nobody's business..

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Guitarzan:

i am a worthless turd.

Now now now, where's the self-esteem in that??? :wave:

You may be a turd, but every turd is worth its weight in gold and gold is currently going for $616 an oz.

Your average turd usually weighs in at more than an oz.

So, you see, you ARE NOT worthless afterall! :idea:

:D

But yeah, Stevie is something else! :thu:

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

Originally posted by Squ:

Stevie played drums?

Yeah, theres a clip of stevie on drums and jimi hendrix on guitar - I think it happened in a studio somewhere, when they were working on different projects and had a few minutes spare - Jimi quickly works out "i was born to love her" as they are jamming

Can't remember what album its on - i'll have to look it up

Yea, it was interesting on American Idol last winter when Stevie Wonder was on. Even my 12 year old daughter recognized that none of the AI contestants could hold a candle to him. Someone might sound good off by themselves, but put them up against a great vocalist and..........

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Stevie Wonder plays EVERYTHING. And he plays them all well. His voice is almost otherworldly!! He personally spawned several generations of singers who TRY to "scat" like he can. I've yet to hear anyone who can match him. The man is a music, tone, and melody generator! Innervisions is one of the best LP's ever. Didn't he play all of the instruments on that album???

BiC...LOL....I love anyone who can lay out a logical argument, such as your "Turd Expose" above. That's the Socratic method at it's finest. Now, if we could just do something about the smell......... :eek::eek:

And Guitarzan.....a holiday weekend of shits and you might be checkin out a custom shop Les Paul??????? :D:thu:

Don

Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=574296

http://www.myspace.com/imdrs

Originally posted by evilLordJuju:

Originally posted by Squ:

Stevie played drums?

Yeah, theres a clip of stevie on drums and jimi hendrix on guitar - I think it happened in a studio somewhere, when they were working on different projects and had a few minutes spare - Jimi quickly works out "i was born to love her" as they are jamming

Can't remember what album its on - i'll have to look it up

Pleeease do, an' report back! I'd like to hear that.

Hey, veering off on a bit of a tangent, Pat Martino and Charlie Hunter did a killer instrumental verison of "Too High" on Pat martino's All Sides Now; serious jammin'!

Here's a 'page with sample clips too check out:

http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/icons/icon2.gif Pat Martino All Sides Now (Amazon)

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Years ago my buddy Jimmy K a great keyboard session player where at HitsVille picking up his paycheck for a months worth of track work he did and sitting in the lobby (really the old houses living room) we heard somebody soloing on drums..it was amazing yep it was Stevie showing a drummer what he wanted. It was a small kit and he just had it singing under his 9 or 10 year old hands!! Jimmy told me Steve was a unbelievable sax player too!!! and said that he was scary on piano even THEN! so while we where still waiting for the receptionist to get Jimmy's paycheck, Stevies dad came through the lobby with Stevie and Stevie grabbed ahold of the candy machine and wouldn't let go untill his dad got him a TON of candy! that was a neat memory. But what a completely natural musician he is!

I am seriously over due on picking up Talking Book and Innervisions. I used to play Living for the City, and Don't You Worry 'Bout A Thing.

I have Musicquarium which is a compilation, and the amazing Songs In The Key Of Life.

He put out Songs, Talking Book, and Innervisions all by the time he was like 24. Man, not just the music, not just the singing, not just the songs, but the ideas too.

check out some comedy I've done:

http://louhasspoken.tumblr.com/

My Unitarian Jihad Name: Brother Broadsword of Enlightened Compassion.

Originally posted by mdrs:

BiC...LOL....I love anyone who can lay out a logical argument, such as your "Turd Expose" above. That's the Socratic method at it's finest. Now, if we could just do something about the smell......... :eek::eek:

Don

:D

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

When I was a young kid, I dug "Sir Duke". Still do. I must admit that I've yet to sit down and listen to any whole album of his, though, and I know that I should correct that...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by Caevan O'Shite:

When I was a young kid, I dug "Sir Duke". Still do. I must admit that I've yet to sit down and listen to any whole album of his, though, and I know that I should correct that...

Yes, Yes you should.

Any might be impressive but I'd put you onto Talking Book, which has some absolutely mind blowing tunes.

Everyone's got their favorite SW stuff but that album balanced perfectly on the cusp of his pop/rock song structures before he drifted over to more jazzy thangs.

Plus it's got Jeff Beck on it!

I've always been a big fan of Stevie's. :thu:

On July 4th, my wife was watching Oprah. She's celebrating 20 years in syndication and they were showing all kinds of clips from shows past.

They played one clip of a Star Search winner who thought he was on to talk about his win. He gushed over Stevie as an influence before beginning Isn't She Lovely. I've never heard of this guy, but he performed every bit as good as I've heard Stevie do.. That's not an exaggeration and I don't say it lightly. The best part? After the first verse the harmonica solo came in (early). The curtain behind him opened (unbeknownst to him) and there stood Stevie, just wailing that harp solo! :thu:

It was 15 or 20 seconds after that before the Star Search winner noticed it wasn't him the crowd had really gone wild about. He almost fell over faint. :D It was a great performance to see.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Archived