Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Poor dog gets battery acid thrown on him

GuitarPlayerFL

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, my aunt owned a pitbull. She is a sweet old lady and treated her pitbull like it was a baby ie. lots of treats, sitting on the couch with her, lots of love and attention. She owned him for three years with no problems.

One day, the dog was standing in the hallway, staring at her and growling. When it came at her, she jumped into her bedroom and closed the door. The dog went berserk and tore apart her living room. Destroyed her couch, smashed her lamps and even put his face through a glass vase, cutting himself a bit. She called Animal Control and they came and rescued her. They had to put the dog down and, of course, they tested him for rabies. He was fine. No diseases at all. He just snapped...

Not only can they go off without reason; as Sas was saying, they are also tough. They are little bundles of muscle. Tough and vicious. I'm a tough guy, but I wouldn't want to be on the other end of those jaws...

Originally posted by Kramer Ferrington III.:

Originally posted by TheOtherLee:

You get charged annually? Thats a bit harsh! Why did they ban pittbulls? I didnt realise they were classed as a dangerous breed :confused:

The dogs aren't really dangerous, it's the owners that are the real problem. :P
That's true to an extent, but the fact is that Pitbulls are bred to fight. They have a strong instinct bred into them for fighting and they are powerful.

A Pitbull that has been raised to be a pet is not much more likely to attack a human that most other breeds (actually Cocker Spaniels and Dalmations may be the most frequent attackers), but when they DO attack it's much worse.

"And so I definitely, when I have a daughter, I have a lot of good advice for her."

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

Yeah, my aunt owned a pitbull. She is a sweet old lady and treated her pitbull like it was a baby ie. lots of treats, sitting on the couch with her, lots of love and attention. She owned him for three years with no problems.

One day, the dog was standing in the hallway, staring at her and growling. When it came at her, she jumped into her bedroom and closed the door. The dog went berserk and tore apart her living room. Destroyed her couch, smashed her lamps and even put his face through a glass vase, cutting himself a bit. She called Animal Control and they came and rescued her. They had to put the dog down and, of course, they tested him for rabies. He was fine. No diseases at all. He just snapped...

Not only can they go off without reason; as Sas was saying, they are also tough. They are little bundles of muscle. Tough and vicious. I'm a tough guy, but I wouldn't want to be on the other end of those jaws...

Edit:

Stupid Double posts...

Originally posted by A String:

Oh yeah!? Tough guy huh!?! :D

I have heard people theorize that it may be that some sort of neurological problems have been bred in along with the fight instinct. They do have a reputation for unprovoked attacks on their owners and other people that they should know well, such a neighbor children....I'm not sure how they compare to other large, powerful breeds, such as German Shepherds, Dobermans, Mastiffs, etc., as far as numbers of unprovoked attacks, but they certainly make the news more.

"And so I definitely, when I have a daughter, I have a lot of good advice for her."

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

Our neighbors two houses over had a Rottweiler for about 9 years. One night while they were gone on vacation, someone tried to break into their house. The dog (Percy) was in the backyard and attacked the person breaking into the house. He caught him by the leg as he was trying to go in through a window. Someone finally called the police because they heard the burlar screaming (it was about 2AM but we were visiting my parents that weekend so we weren't home) and the police came and "rescued" him from the dog. The dog would _NOT_ let go of the guy's leg even after the guy broke his flashlight by hitting him with it.

They finally had to drug the dog to get him to let go. The police had the dog put down because they said he was dangerous.

Percy was a big dog (about 105 pounds, I think) but he was a very good dog and he loved children (I don't think he ate any, though ;) ). He had been neutered when he was a year old. My son and other neighborhood children played with him a lot. This was not a mean or vicious dog. I never even heard him bark. No one who knew that dog had any fear of him. He always seemed to be a very "happy" dog. He was well loved and well cared for. Percy even still had his tail because they said that bobbing his tail was barbaric (I agree).

The irony there was the Williams' wanted to leave their dog in his own back yard while they went on vacation. They asked several of us neighbors to feed and water him and play with him while they were gone (which we did). If they had boarded him at a kennel while they were gone they'd have probably had him a lot longer. But they didn't because they didn't want to mistreat him by putting him in a cage.

Born on the Bayou

That's sad. Real sad. The dog was sentenced to death for protecting his family (exactly what he was supposed to do). There's something inherently very wrong about that....somebody made a very, very piss-poor decision.

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

Originally posted by Sasquatch51:

That's sad. Real sad. The dog was sentenced to death for protecting his family (exactly what he was supposed to do). There's something inherently very wrong about that....somebody made a very, very piss-poor decision.

Agreed. If he were a police dog, he would have gotten a medal.

Isn't the whole point of a guard dog, to kick the bad guys a$$ when they break in?

Originally posted by Sasquatch51:

Agreed. If he were a police dog, he would have gotten a medal.

Isn't the whole point of a guard dog, to kick the bad guys a$$ when they break in?

You'd think so, wouldn't you?

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

Archived