Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Regarding proselytization...

picker

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by musicalhair:

did you really think a thread telling everyone to back would get anyone to back off?

Actually, several people posted agreement with it, and the opnly one with an objection was...you...

[QB]It got me to jump in, and I'm not even in that thread.

Wow, what an earth-shattering event, you posting to disagree with someone. Stop the presses!

Always remember that you�re unique. Just like everyone else.

Yeah, I disagree with you telling people to back off.

Think about it. When you say "I feel the need to say something regarding the recent ruckus over Hillary's post, and to all else who want to use this site to forward their political, spiritual or emotional agenda. That is; BACK OFF!",

you single out the people that were goofing off in her original thread and nothing more. They were not using this site to forward their political, spiritual or emotional agenda. Forwarding such an agenda would apparently be what her deleted post was. Singling out everyone else's posts while pretending your own weren't a similar forwarding of an agenda is typical of the double standard you have over "poltical" speech in this forum. You do it and then throw a fit when others come back at you. That is what this entire thread is: you staking out a political territory in this forum and pretending you are telling those that are being "political" to "back off".

check out some comedy I've done:

http://louhasspoken.tumblr.com/

My Unitarian Jihad Name: Brother Broadsword of Enlightened Compassion.

Picker: If you're referring to me as "the offending party" who PM'd you on this topic, let's get some stuff out on the open.

For a start, the PM stuff happened when you made some assertion (on another thread) about "hatred being everywhere" and that some of the comments on Hillary's post were proof of this.

And I replied that most fights here start because of snobbery, mostly musical. And yes, I did think Hillary was extremely snobby about her religion and deserved to be taken down a peg. You chose to see this as proof of my being "filled with hatred".

I tried to explain that I WASN'T, and that I was basically ribbing her but that wasn't good enough for you and your "hatred" thing, so after a while I didn't bother any longer. It was nearly time for friends to arrive for a party anyway.

But I can't help but wonder... who you think you are with your "back off" crap? Do you think putting it in caps makes it (woo hoo!) scarier and more commanding? You're not a mod, you're not my employer, you're not ANYTHING to me, really. SO please keep the "commands" to a minimum. Try it on little kids or the feeble minded and you might have a little more success. In the meantime, when talking to grownups, try a little politeness.

But you really have a thing about being an authority figure haven't you, Picker?

You tell us to "BACK OFF" Hillary because everyone is free to believe whatever they want without being belittled. Even when Hills belittled anyone who's not "a radical christian" like her and her minions.

But of course, the whole thread belittling I & I about her "creative spelling" was fine by you?

And all she wanted to do was post stuff in her own version of English, she wasn't knocking anyone's religious beliefs. Hey, I was in that thread too, so I can't quite blame you. But it DOES sound a lot like a double standard, doesn't it?

Where's your cries of "take it to HC, take it to HC!" now that we're not talking about politics but about religion?

Vince.

Yeah, I disagree with you telling people to back off.

Yeah, well BACK OFF!

you single out the people that were goofing off in her original thread and nothing more. They were not using this site to forward their political, spiritual or emotional agenda.

And I wasn't speaking to them. You are seeing things as you want to, not as they are, which was typical of your M.O. on the political forum.

Forwarding such an agenda would apparently be what her deleted post was.

Yeah, and I was writing about just such attempts to use the forum to proselytise for personal beliefs. Of course you fail to see that, but that's because you don't want to, not because it's not there.

Singling out everyone else's posts while pretending your own weren't a similar forwarding of an agenda is typical of the double standard you have over "poltical" speech in this forum.

Well, since I wasn't singling out the people you claim I was for political speech, this really has no foundation. All I said was they were rude, and that we shouldn't be rude here, especially to newbies. And, I'm not the only one who thinks so.

You do it and then throw a fit when others come back at you.

No fit was thrown, I just made a statement of how I see things. Again, I think you have drops in your eyes, you see things bigger than they are, I suspect because you want to.

That is what this entire thread is: you staking out a political territory in this forum and pretending you are telling those that are being "political" to "back off".

Nah. I made no political statement, I was speaking of using this forum to proselytize for any belief, ideology, or orientation, and the uncivility of certain members. I didn't get to read Hillary's thread, but if it said the things you claim, the post was directed at her as much as anyone else, and if you actually understood what I wrote, you'd see that. The truth is, you don't like what I said because you don't like me. You are reading what you want to into my posts, not what's really there.

So, BACK OFF!

Always remember that you�re unique. Just like everyone else.

If you guys have a problem with each other, discuss it in a PM. Don't drag it out in public.

However, it would be my recommendation to just drop it. It's obvious that you don't like each other, you're not going to change each other's minds, why keep fighting about it like this?

There's a difference between a constructive argument and fighting. When you've crossed the line into fighting, you've crossed the line.

'Radical Christian' is only a term, and people seem to be reading more into it than what was said. I didn't see any condescension there to anyone!

The fact that Hillary (or anyone else) describes herself a "radical Christian" in no way hurts anyone here. She was just being honest.

I agree, Christians shouldn't be arrogant and condescending and try to cram their views down anyone's throat, but certainly we have the right to express them! In this context, primarily in PMs, since this is a guitar forum.

But I certainly have no plans to apologize for being a Christian!

Hey Picker, I'm not backing off, what are going to do about it.

You started off way outta line, and your only getting more outta line. I'm glad Vince offered his version, to show how you're twisting a private message for your own very public and very political agenda.

Again I go back to something I said earlier: if you wanted this to be productive thread, you would haved offered up quotes of what was offensive and rude-- so we can all see more clearly how such is defined.

By proclaiming out to everyone "back off", you serve no good purpose at all: you seek and found confrontation.

check out some comedy I've done:

http://louhasspoken.tumblr.com/

My Unitarian Jihad Name: Brother Broadsword of Enlightened Compassion.

Archived