Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Who's been beat up?

ekoldr

I'm just curious as to who has or had a younger sibling that they beat up when they we're younger. And Vice Versa who is a younger sibling that got beat up when they we're younger. Because I've seen and herd about older brothers beating up they're little brother like it's a normal thing. I'm an older brother with a younger brother. I however don't beat up my brother, I'd like to sometimes but I am afraid of the repercusions. My father can get very violent at times. Like for example when I was about 12 I scared my brother with a Halloween costume, he would have been about 7, and my father threw a chair at me, I was in my room because he told me to sit in there and think about what i did, but apparently he hadn't calmed down so he grabbed my desk chair and threw it at me. I didn't get hit but it scared me shitless. Another exmple my friend and I we're doing our home work in the back yard and I had a pencil in my hand and my brother came up behind me really quick at the exact same I was bringing my arm up and accidentily stabbed my brother below the eye. (He still has the scar) I was whipped with a belt so hard I still have the scars. So from then on I have never laid a hand on my brother for fear of these types of repercusions, even though I really feel the need too. He is now 14 and I don't exactly approve of some of his friends. He has openly admitted to me that he smokes marijuanna and the other day he was picked up by the cops because he spray painted a swastica on the side of a building. That just about sent me over the edge. It's also a little irritating because when I do try to do something about him my parents tell me to stop and let them handle it. Although ussuallt they don't do a damn thing. I once told my father that if he was going to make rules he needed to encorce them, because he wasn't and he told me to "fuck off".

Ok well I have strayed too far from the topic at hand I actually just wanted to know if people really beat up they're siblings thanks guys

I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser the Third Dont hesitate to call

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have three younger brothers and while we had our share of fights, some of them pretty nasty, I don't think I ever "beat up" on them. We all ended up with our share of bloody lips, noses and bruises.

On the other hand, my father never beat us. He threatened us with the belt on occasion, but we realized early on that it wasn't coming off. We got spanked from time to time, but not "hit". When I was about 11 I realized the spanking didn't hurt and started giggling and was never spanked again.

I think I only spanked my own kids once and that was because they were beating the hell out of each other. Girls are worse than us guys......

That's just a foreign thing to me, like my brother and i fight but we've never come to blows. I'd like to fight him one day though just for the sake of fighting him cuz he seems to think that just because he takes karate he can beat me up. Maybe he can but that is yet to be seen. I'll promise you now that if we ever do fight I'll get it on tape.
I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser the Third Dont hesitate to call

We had a few tussles way back when but never anything like beating up on each other. However we do have rivalry-oh yeah, we`ve just carried it over into other things. Indeed I think he was fooling around with something like stearoids briefly, he got really bulky but at this point there`s no contest physically-he has little or no formal martial arts study. As far as music, we both play actively, He has had somewhat more formal training than I but I have much more gigging and recording experience. He doesn`t sing or write originals either. Having said that, are there times I`d like to imprint the pavement with his face? you bet there are.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

There's no excuse for violence in the home, period. Fights will happen, but having them get out of hand is inexcusable.

Parents beating their kids senseless with a belt is also inexcusable.

I remember once, and only once, I threatened my oldest son with a belt. I snapped the belt together in front of him, and he (he was maybe 11 or 12 at the time) started crying. So what would have been the point of hitting him with it? I achieved the result necessary by scaring him. Making him cry wasn't the purpose...making him sorry, thinking about what he'd done...THAT was the purpose, and it was achieved without any physical violence.

I've always tried to live by the "my kids will pick my nursing home" philosophy, so I haven't worried about it. I don't have anything I need to prove to them that I can't prove in other more constructive ways.

That's not to say my kids haven't fought. Once (my sons were grown and more of an even match) my older son made a smart remark about my younger son's having fathered a baby...and that ended up in a fight in which my younger son let the older son know he wasn't gonna take any crap. The older one got the worst of it, but I wouldn't say anyone was "beaten up". I stopped it before it got that far, because there wouldn't have been any point in that. Derek was pissed, and he let Andrew know he wasn't gonna listen to any bullshit. So, that was that...

They're good friends now.

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Originally posted by ekoldr:

That's just a foreign thing to me, like my brother and i fight but we've never come to blows. I'd like to fight him one day though just for the sake of fighting him cuz he seems to think that just because he takes karate he can beat me up. Maybe he can but that is yet to be seen. I'll promise you now that if we ever do fight I'll get it on tape.

OK...I'll tell you what. If you'll pay my expenses, I'll come to your house and beat you up. You have to pay (in advance) my airline ticket, rental car, meals and hotel. If I can fly in, beat the hell out of you, and fly back out in the same day then you don't have to pay the hotel bill. I won't charge you anything for my labor. You have to agree not to call the police on me, or try to sue me. You can fight back if you want to (that makes it more fun), but no weapons. You have to specify in advance how badly you want me to beat you. I can just bloody you up a little, send you to the emergency room for out-patient treatment and same-day release, or I can beat you to the point that you have to be admitted for broken bones, internal injuries, etc. You just have to email me directions from the airport to your house, and specify a time. Then you simply answer the door, identify yourself and take your beating. No videotaping. OK?

It's a good deal! I'm not charging anything for my time! :D:thu:

"And so I definitely, when I have a daughter, I have a lot of good advice for her."

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

Originally posted by A String:

Originally posted by Sasquatch51:

OK...I'll tell you what. If you'll pay my expenses, I'll come to your house and beat you up.

I might be interested in that deal Sas! I've been feeling quite pompous lately...
Anything for a friend! :D

"And so I definitely, when I have a daughter, I have a lot of good advice for her."

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

In all seriousness...(I know, I know...it's out of character for me)...

When my younger brother and I were growing up, we fought. I don't mean we argued a little, I mean we FOUGHT. We sent each other to the ER a couple of times. It was stupid and uncalled-for. If I could go back and change it now, I certainly would. My brother is now dead, so there's nothing to be done about it.

People argue. That's a fact of life, and it's a good thing. Disagreements are actually a necessary part of living with other people. There is no reason for an argument to ever turn violent. It brings nothing but regret. There's also no reason to say things that are intended to hurt the other people in your life. The whole intent of an argument or disagreement is to try to find some common ground on some issue or another. If you always make sure to stick to that and leave the personal attacks out of it, then life is much better and you end up with less regrets. Once you punch someone, you can't "unpunch" them, once you say something hurtful, you can't "unsay" it. The damage is done. Think about that BEFORE you say or do anything.

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

This may be off on a bit of a tangent, but I have a friend in N.Y., we go back a long way. But to me he represents some of the things that I find weird about the East coast-he told me that he finds telling someone to `shut up` unacceptable. It means cutting off debate, that whatever the other person says you don`t want to deal with it. My feeling is-yeah, so what`s the problem? is it better to argue with someone who is blabbering on for the sake of hearing themselves talk? IMO the ability to tell someone who has overstayed their chat time to `shut up` has saved countless lives, not to mention marriages. It probably saved my brother and I from coming to blows more than once.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

I have three brothers, but we're 3, 3 and 4 years apart. So most of our fights were pretty one sided, depending on which pair were fighting. That kept the damage to a minimum. I only remember one fight, when I was 14, with my then 11 year old little brother and he just wouldn't stop bothering me. The only thing that kept me from going beserk on him was our 7 year old brother getting between us. It's neither a good memory nor do I even remember why the fight became so heated. To say the least, it's not something I was ever proud of.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

I once boucned my brothers head off the kitchen floor like a basket ball. He had drawn a gun on some friends, so it was a fair reaction.

One time he was waiting for me to through a pitch. He stood on the plate, pointed to his chest and said, "through it right here." I did. It was a little high and hit him right in the forehead. Woops.

Sas I think I'm good hahah I'm not looking to get beat up, in fact I could hold y own in a fight, I've never been in our but I punched my own share of holes in the walls of my house, not to mention numerous broken objects in my house. I do have anger issues I wish I didn't but there you go haha. I like to say I'm like the incredible hulk I just don't turn green haha arg! ARTHUR SMASH!

Getting mad and bustung things up does not get you what you want. It fixes nothing and scares the people closest to you.

It doesn't scare them into listening to you, It just scares them.

ekoldr,

You sound very thoughtful, and intelligent. You've been through some tough treatment at your Dad's hands....Obvioulsy, you are thinking about all of this...not just wailing on your brother. This means there is certainly HOPE FOR YOU!! :thu:

Don't beat up on anybody....that should always be the last resort (i.e. it's ok to defend yourself). If you can, get some consuling regarding the anger thing. Your anger is a natural and normal reaction to what you've been through. It't great that you are trying to evaluate all of this in a logical and thoughtful way. Keep up the effort!!

Put your passion into your music. And, seek peaceful ways to resolve the anger thing.

And, keep on posting here. We have so much love, we don't know what to do with it all. :D

Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=574296

http://www.myspace.com/imdrs

Arthur is it ?

I just reread your original post.

Let me revise my fromer comments to be directed instead toward your father.

You say he told you to "Fuck off".

That is harsh. Many of us are fathers.

I am going to advise you , most harshly, to take your father's

advice and fuck off at your earliest convenience.

The sooner you remove yourself from a toxic atmosphere the sooner the real decent you that WE see will be in charge.

Jim

Thanks guys now you know why I post all the time here about stuff that may not even be about guitars. Y'all listen to me haha I really appreciate it. And tell me why I just saw Fight Club for the first time like a week ago wow... Oh just to let y'all know I am moving out. Next semester I'm moving to my grandfather's condo in Richmond, which is much closer to my school and hopefully my new job which I really hope I get. Thanks again guys.

Good luck man,

Take it easy on Grandpop.

Help him out with some household stuff and you

will be in.

If you sometimes take out the garbage or change a lightbulb or something, HE will be most appreciative.

Originally posted by Tedster:

There's no excuse for violence in the home, period. Fights will happen, but having them get out of hand is inexcusable.

Parents beating their kids senseless with a belt is also inexcusable.

What Ted Said.

Your father should be in jail for that shit. That belting and throwing a chair at you is aggravated assault.

That kind of crap is one of the reasons your kid brother is doing what he is. Looking for attention and some discipline, but not that kind and your parents apparently aren't capable of providing the right kind.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

i have an older brother who has been there whenever i felt the need to get myself into trouble at school by not caring how big the other guy was ( i was short).

i don't know how many times he carried me away from a "disagreement".

that used to piss me off. :D

when we were 12 and 13 we had occasional rumbles over the usual brother stuff.

but it never was hateful.

one time he was trying to be protective of me when i planned to drive to the rink for a hockey game (i really am Canadian). i had maybe two beer in the evening after supper and my game was at 11.

but he decided to police me.

i disagreed and it became very heated. very.

we were face to face and nothing happened because neither of us would throw the first punch.

we were both able to throw the second, but not low enough to throw a first.

i could see i had hurt him just by standing my ground as strongly as i did.

our father had died when we were 9 and 10, and he had assumed a position of being my lookout.

that day he had discovered that was over.

i didn't go to the game, i was too pissed off.

it was a very intense moment.

but we learned how much respect we had by the fact it did not turn physical.

i must say he toughened me up when we were younger, i would never give in if we were wrestling. but we never had time for grudges.

Archived