Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: My daughter got her drivers license today

superdave

I worked third shifht last night and took my daughter to get her DL today. We spent four and a half freakin' hours waiting on her turn. I swear if they had given us any more red tape to deal with I would have gone off like a Neutron bomb. Only in Alabama can the process be this freakin' slow. I was so tired I was starting to see things. Neither one of us ate breakfast and the apple I ate on my break at 4am had long since worn off. I was so hungry by the time we left I could have eaten roadkill. When it's time for my son to get his DL the misses will get her turn to squirm over there. Patience is a virtue I don't have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have another lifetime (her lifetime, that is) before Lilly gets her learner's permit, but I'm guessing it will pass like the wind, just as these 7½ years have. :(

Has she hit anyone yet? I think my boss took vacation by his parents in Birmingham through tomorrow. ;):D

(Congratulations to your daughter. Sympathy for dad and his insurance bill. :freak: )

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Mine will have to wait until she's 18. ;)

At least I can't argue with her once she turns 18! :D

But I'll probably cave in when she's 16... :P

But I swear, I will be teaching her to drive a few years ahead of 16. :thu:

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

Originally posted by yZeCounsel:

Cool, I cancelled mine and I have no need for one any more because I am not in a licensable activity involving driving "for hire"

Yeah, that's just one less "tie" you have to the US gov., right??? ;)

I really love guys like you! :wave:

Independent thinkers. :thu:

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

Originally posted by BiC:

Cool, I cancelled mine and I have no need for one any more because I am not in a licensable activity involving driving "for hire"

I really love guys like you! :wave:

Independent thinkers. :thu:

J Just trying to get some insurgents to follow the law as written. Just you wait till they tie the National ID card with all of your biometric info into the Drivers License. Try reading the 4th Amendment

It has nothing to do with independent thinking, but everything to do with

Ignorance of the Law is No excuse

If you don't exercise your rights under the Constitutions, you don't have any, nor do you deserve them, BiC

Also, why don't you ask the State Prosecution whether or not the 57 pages was "independent thonking" or the LAW which I filed into the record regarding the legitimacy of the state to allege a duty for me to have a drivers' license only to have it thrown out w/no jail time or charges for being stopped w/no DL

Anyway, tell me whether or not Justice Matthews was an "independent thinker" when the Supreme Court Held that ,

"When we consider the nature and the theory of our institutions of government, the principles upon which they are supposed to rest, and review the history of their development, we are constrained to conclude that they do not mean to leave room for the play and action of purely personal and arbitrary power.  Sovereignty itself is, of course, not subject to law, for it is the author and source of law; but in our system, while sovereign powers are delegated to the agencies of government, sovereignty itself remains with the people, by whom and for whom all government exists and acts. And the law is the definition and limitation of power. It is, indeed, quite true, that there must always be lodged somewhere, and in some person or body, the authority of final decision; and in many cases of mere administration the responsibility is purely political, no appeal lying except to the ultimate tribunal of the public judgment, exercised either in the pressure of opinion or by means of the suffirage. But the fundamental rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, considered as individual possessions, are secured by those maxims of constitutional law which are the monuments showing the victorious progress of the race in securing to men the blessings of civilization under the reign of just and equal laws, so that, in the famous language of the Massachusetts Bill of Rights, the government of the commonwealth "may be a government of laws and not of men." For, the very idea that one man may be compelled to hold his life, or the means of living, or any material right essential to the enjoyment of life, at the mere will of another, seems to be intolerable in any country where freedom prevails, as being the essence of slavery itself. " YICK WO v. HOPKINS, SHERIFF. 118 US 356. May 10, 1886

So the question remains, "Are you slave of your created government, or are you part of the Sovereign body to which they are subject?"

Originally posted by Kramer Ferrington III.:

Congratulations to her!

I've never gotten around to getting my license, and I'm 42. (I usually live in the centre of whatever town and get around either on bicycles or mopeds)

I've read somewhere that Robert Palmer never got his license either.

My grandmother died at age 95 in 2000 and never had a license. Either my grandfather, father or uncle drove her around or she took public transportation of some sort. They lived in Brooklyn for many years, then Guadalajara, Mexico before she moved to assisted living near my parents.

It's still amazing to me that she never drove a vehicle in her life. :eek:

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Originally posted by BiC:

That's exactly why I don't have a license! It makes me a more cautious driver too......

Archived