Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

top notch EQ pedal?

SF audio

So I'm looking for a nice, quiet EQ pedal. Is there one that stands out over the BOSS EQ7, MXR 108,109 and all the standard ones? They are OK but don't seem special...

Any "must have" units? Can spend a bit more for a high end one. Any botique EQ pedals to look out for?

The thoughts expressed in this post are the opinions of SF audio and MAY be used or misquoted anywhere you want, either in print,on the internet, or on the bathroom walls....

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't say, personally, but after all I've heard I'm buying a Barber Electronics Tone Press Compressor. I've seen particularly good reviews of this and other Barber Electronics products, so I'd have to say check out either the Tone Pump

http://www.barberelectronics.com/images/TPEQ.jpg

or Burn Unit

http://www.barberelectronics.com/images/Burneq.jpg

Both are two channel eq's with specific voicings and trim pots inside for additional personal tweaking.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Say no to EQ's for guitar??

I love me some eq's!

I have a furman dual 31-band rackmount eq. It's pretty sweet, but way overkill for a guitar rig.

I use a BOSS GE-7. It is a crutial part of my rig. The only beef is some noise. You can easily deal with that issue by purchasing a Monte Allums upgrade kit for it. I bought one for about $20 and I'm quite happy with it. -This, my friend, is the way to go.

I've also heard good things about the MXR-KFK. I run in the metal circles, so my info is always biased to a heavy metal application.

What a horrible night to have a curse.

pulled the ebay trigger on an ibanez PQ9 parametric EQ pedal - looks like it's what I want. Has a big mid sweep to find and cut that mid harshness that some amps have. If anything, it holds some value so not much of a risk.
The thoughts expressed in this post are the opinions of SF audio and MAY be used or misquoted anywhere you want, either in print,on the internet, or on the bathroom walls....

Archived