Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Johnny Hiland PRS video

Hardtail

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by pollock:

Sounds pretty good, I wonder what amp he's playing through?

At the Winter NAMM show he was using Mesa Boogie.

He's the Eddie Van Halen of Country guitar. :thu:

A Jazz/Chord Melody Master-my former instructor www.robertconti.com

(FKA GuitarPlayerSoCal)

Originally posted by GuitarPlayerSoCal:

He's the Eddie Van Halen of Country guitar. :thu:

That guy's definitely good. This is the first time I had ever heard his playing because I'm not a country music fan.

I may have to reconsider that. :D

He seems right proud of himself. He has an album on iTunes if anyone is interested. Kind of fun to watch a guy like that go from country twang to heavy rock and back again.
Raise your children and spoil your grandchildren. Spoil your children and raise your grandchildren.

Sounds like that axe nails everything you'd ever want to do, although the neck humbucker was still a bit twangy at what he called his jazz tone. If they make one with a rosewood fretboard that ought to be just about as good as it gets.

Scott Fraser

Scott Fraser

Sounds like that axe nails everything you'd ever want to do, although the neck humbucker was still a bit twangy at what he called his jazz tone. If they make one with a rosewood fretboard that ought to be just about as good as it gets.

Scott Fraser

Scott Fraser

Originally posted by Gabriel E.:

Great player. Looks like hell though. Did you see how fat his hands are? He needs to do something about his weight or he'll leave us at a young age.

I didn't think it was PC to mention those sausages, but that's the first thing my kids noticed. Not the incredible playing, not the beautiful guitar, but the sausages...it hurts to see that 'cause I lost a cousin who was grossly overweight like that. She had her stomach clamped, was losing weight, then just gave out one day.
Raise your children and spoil your grandchildren. Spoil your children and raise your grandchildren.

Archived