Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Mysterious Scratch

Hardtail

My Les Paul's been around awhile so it has its share of scratches and dings.

Right now, the Strat is still pristine looking. I'm sure I'll get that first scratch eventually.

Anyway, I restrung the LP last night and put it away. A few minutes ago, I took it out, tuned it up and started playing. I felt a scratch on the back of the neck around the 9th fret area.

I turned it around.. sure enough, it's a scratch. Nothing major but it definitely wasn't there before.

Like I said, I don't mind the scratches but I have no idea where this one came from. It had to have been when I was putting on new strings. Guess I have to be more careful next time I re-string the old girl.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
didn't accidently lay it on a tool by some chance? I've done that before while restringing.
Raise your children and spoil your grandchildren. Spoil your children and raise your grandchildren.

For stringing, setting up and repairing my guitars, I use a folding ironing board. It is well padded and elevated so I stand over the instrument to work on it. My first Les Paul dropped of the strap and the headstock landed on my MXR Distortion+. I lived with that chip in the finish for about 12 years before trading it in on a new Les Paul. Now the new one is 15 years old.
A.K.A. TRGuitar

Originally posted by trguitar:

For stringing, setting up and repairing my guitars, I use a folding ironing board. It is well padded and elevated so I stand over the instrument to work on it.

Thanks! That's a great idea that I'm going to try next time. :thu:

Archived