Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

****A Selection of Valve amps****

alex2zulu

hey guys, this is basicly a "cream of the crop" sorta thred, so what do u think is best out of these amps for around £300

I play Hard Rock/Metal

Laney VC15-110

Laney VC30-112

Peavey Valve King 112

Epiphone Valve Standard Combo

Line6 Flextone III

Laney LC-30 II or Laney LC-15R

Peavey Valve King 212

Fender Pro Junior

any help much apreciated thank you all

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For your stated mission of Hard Rock/Metal duties, I'd go with either the Laney LC-30 II, Laney VC30-112, or the Peavey Valve King 112.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

cool thanx guys (like the pic ^)

i was leaning tward the laney, seems they have a good rep and dont tend to break like the marshalls, or so ive heard.

do you think that i could use a boss metal zone to overdrive it (seeing that i already own one) or would thins be the dumbest question that u have ever eard ?

thanx again

Of the amps you listed I'd be most interested in the Laney's as well. I don't know which models you are listing there but Laney's I've played and heard are all good.

You should add Ampeg to your list as they have a couple of amps that might do what you're looking for.

check out some comedy I've done:

http://louhasspoken.tumblr.com/

My Unitarian Jihad Name: Brother Broadsword of Enlightened Compassion.

• 2 weeks later...

I use a peavey Classic 30 great for blues and Rock but for your needs I feel the VC 30 11 comes the closest. However you do seem to have chosen Classic type valve amps, most suited to rock, Blues & so forth, when you might do better to look at high gain amps. You may like to look at the Marshall AVT 100 X 100w Channel 1X12 Combo at less than £300 3 channels.. clean... rock and metal. I am sure there are alot more out there. Try before you buy thats the way to go!

jp

Originally posted by Jon Prothero:

I use a peavey Classic 30 great for blues and Rock but for your needs I feel the VC 30 11 comes the closest. However you do seem to have chosen Classic type valve amps, most suited to rock, Blues & so forth, when you might do better to look at high gain amps. You may like to look at the Marshall AVT 100 X 100w Channel 1X12 Combo at less than £300 3 channels.. clean... rock and metal. I am sure there are alot more out there. Try before you buy thats the way to go!

jp

What he said.

:thu:

Geoff

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

Archived