Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Strap aquisition syndrome?

alittlebatty

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One for each, but they all reflect the personality of that git. I have a big shitty leather one for that guy that always shows up strapless.

That sounded really bad.

What a horrible night to have a curse.

I have a few straps here that I don't know where they came from or why I have them, a few that were freebies, but mostly I buy a strap to match a guitar so I have one matching strap per guitar plus the handfull of mystery straps and freebies.

I'm a bit of a freak for matching straps, I will great lengths and look through every strap in a store checking for color variations on the same design to get the perfect match.

check out some comedy I've done:

http://louhasspoken.tumblr.com/

My Unitarian Jihad Name: Brother Broadsword of Enlightened Compassion.

I am strap challenged. I have two straps: the nylon one is about 20 years old and the leather one is about 30 years old.

I mostly only use the leather one now.

I need to leave some hints around birthday time.

Yum, Yum! Eat em up!

i have a strap laced with 7.62 sniper bullets

**screems in firey fury **

- rock out!!!

i win the strap contest

not to sound big headed and it did cost me £35

its gonna get reloaded with live 303's

also a urbun camo one

Originally posted by alex2zulu:

i have a strap laced with 7.62 sniper bullets

**screems in firey fury **

- rock out!!!

i win the strap contest

not to sound big headed and it did cost me £35

its gonna get reloaded with live 303's

also a urbun camo one

Somehow that makes sense.
Yum, Yum! Eat em up!

Dang! Some of you are downright strap-happy! :freak:

I have one, special strap that I can't replace:

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/6685/strap4frontandback4tu.jpg

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/7640/strap3closeup5lg.jpg

It was left at MARS Music by a performer whom I couldn't find. It's really wide, really thick (padded) and is the most comfortable guitar strap on the planet. Unfortunately, I keep a strap lock on the neck/body side, inserted backwards because the strap button is mounted in the back of the neck heel. The bad part is I can't use this strap with my electric guitars, strap lock or not, because the strap gets uncomfortably twisted.

For those instruments I have some pretty stock, cheap nylon straps.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

I have five straps, three of them smooth leather, One of them suade, and one of them is a kick@$$ fender strap. BUT i have three guitars, So they change between them VIA strapLoks. The fender one is nylon, But it has an old fashion belt buckle, IT looks KILLER with my old Thinline Tele!
Never trouble trouble till' trouble troubles you.

Originally posted by Hound Dog:

I'd like one to the "seat belt" kind, a la Brian Setzer. Seems like it would be a snap to take off.

I was going to make one from my wife's old Chevy Cavalier's seatbelt, but never got around to it. Eric Heatherly, who had a minor career in Country Music in the late '90's, early 2000's had a partner and displayed seatbelt straps to Gibson when I was there in 2001. They may have sold Brian his strap. I don't remember.

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Oh i love my seatbelt Strap. Now...Im so frigin Psyched because Fantastic sound gave me an idea. I know there is TWO Abandoned Old old old VW's. Ones a sports car, The other is the old Stoner band. Ima go cut me out a seatbelt or two and sell them things on EBAY! Keep one for myself ofcourse.
Never trouble trouble till' trouble troubles you.

40 straps.....my god....that's a mind blower-but I do like the pic of fantasticsounds strap-very classy indeed! I just got one with stars all over it, and the other is black with spiderwebs & red spiders on it. (that one reminds me of Darklava) Both are Gothy go well with my electrics.

Originally posted by Big Red 67:

"Flashy" Man I gotta go to bed?

I've got one with tropical fish, one with racing checks (on a silver flake Dano), one of those "police line do not cross" straps and one that looks like an oversize measuring tape. :D

Like I said. Flashy. :)

We've got several straps, some riding crops, and a couple whips. :D

But seriously folks, one strap per guitar really otta do it. I did spend a bunch to get a matching strap for my Gretsch White Falcon. It's white (duh) with a gold buckle and gold inlays to match up with all the bling on the WF.

Otherwise, I grab something that looks like it will match the guitar and put on the strap locks and that pretty much stays with the guitar.

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Leather??? I remember working for a band way back when...doing roadie work. Lead guitarist was a wild man...constantly moving, jumping on tables, running around the bars playing. Guy lost like 10 lbs. a night to sweat (and he wasn't fat).

Anyone want to guess what that guitar strap smelled like the next time I opened the case?

Yooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Originally posted by Bbach when I'm ready:

...I did spend a bunch to get a matching strap for my Gretsch White Falcon. It's white (duh) with a gold buckle and gold inlays to match up with all the bling on the WF.

Otherwise, I grab something that looks like it will match the guitar and put on the strap locks and that pretty much stays with the guitar.

How do you find a White Falcon with a matching white strap in North Dakota in Winter?? :confused:

:D

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Originally posted by Rootstonian:

Leather??? I remember working for a band way back when...doing roadie work. Lead guitarist was a wild man...constantly moving, jumping on tables, running around the bars playing. Guy lost like 10 lbs. a night to sweat (and he wasn't fat).

Anyone want to guess what that guitar strap smelled like the next time I opened the case?

Yooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Well ok, lets see, was it kinda like a leather thong on a 350 pound mamma on a hot and humid August night? :love:

Archived