Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Earthing a Bridge

I'm putting my bass back together again after redoing the varnish.

And I'm wondering about the bridge earthing.

There's a wire coming out from the body, under the spot where the bridge will go. I'm just wondering what it used to be connected to.

Do I just twist it across one of the screws that hold the bridge down or do I need to do something more fancy? :confused:

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Moreofthen that not, that wire just laid under bridge, between it and the body. As long as the end of the wire is bare and making good contact with the bottom side of the bridge, it will be fine.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Originally posted by Bluesape:

Do you mean grounding?

In the UK they say "earth" where we say "ground" and apparently in Oz, too (didn't you say you're from Australia originally, Vince?) I've got an ancient British-made flanger pedal that indicates one side is "earth". "Too right, you!"

Originally posted by Chad:

In the UK they say "earth" where we say "ground" and apparently in Oz, too (didn't you say you're from Australia originally, Vince?)

Yes I am, but I've been away for ages. As a result, I find myself coming out with Americanisms like "sidewalk" rather than "footpath" and so on. Stuff I would never have said once upon a time.

So I THINK people say "earth" rather than "ground" in Australia, but maybe my memory's playing tricks on me (Phillemec? Which is it?).

But really... what's the ground made of, if not earth? :)

Originally posted by Kramer Ferrington III.:

Originally posted by Bluesape:

Do you mean grounding?

Yeah, "grounding", that's the word.

And thanks, Picker! Are you ok?

They found three polyps and the same(we hope) lipoma they found before. I'll get the pathology report in a week to ten days.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

The reason for the frequent tests is because, if they found anything, they can treat it with a very high success rate.

It's when you don't get it done and when they check, you're full of the things, then you have a problem.

You get checked and are on top of it. You'll be fine Picker.

If you earth a bridge, wouldn't you call it a dam?

Hey, Picker...did they remove the polyps while they were in there? Polyps are really common, man...probably nothing at all to worry about as long as they are removed. Everything should work out just fine....

"And so I definitely, when I have a daughter, I have a lot of good advice for her."

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

Archived