Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Tube Screamer

Hardtail

LIke Joe Perry's tone? Some people do,

Digitech Whammy Pedal

Dunlop DCR-1SR Rackmount Wah

Line 6 DL-4 Delay Modeler

Line 6 MM-4 Modulation Modeler

Klon Centaur

custom made Talk Box

Electro Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man

Chicago Iron Octavian

custom made Talk Box

Samson UR5-D Synth Wireless

Gibson Vintage Reissue .010-.046 Strings

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like the Sparkle, Boss Blues Driver and SD-1 (Super Overdrive), and my fave (if you can find it) the Dean Markley Overlord :thu: . If you get a Tube Screamer you're gonna sound like every other Swingin' Richard Strat-playin' SRV wannabe.

Using a tube screamer won't make you sound like a SRV ripoff unless you play like him.

My buddy NAILS SRV through a VHT 50 CL because if he wants to, he can play just like him.

What if you are playing a Les Paul through a THD flexi with a TS? I mean the possibilities are endless.

I have heard nothing but good things about Robert Keeley modified pedals.

Originally posted by ellwood:

"If you get a Tube Screamer you're gonna sound like every other Swingin' Richard Strat-playin' SRV wannabe."

A fate worse than death itself!

:D

I love SRV. But there was only one. My own feeling is that one ought to try to develop his or her own sound. E.g., I love Clapton, but I'd avoid the 335/Marshall combo like the plague to avoid sounding like Cream-era Clapton, my favorite of his tones.

Let alone buying that danged "EC in a box" pedal they're flogging now... :P

(later) Not to suggest that anybody's TRYING to cop the SRV tone. I just think the Strat/Tube Screamer sound is, um, ubiquitous...

Ill agree with everything thats ben said as in Trying to create your own tone. I think i found mine. I bend strings...ALOT as well as use those little marshalls and soon the Valve junior. Im not sure how many are going to take advantage of that little amp to its fullist. PLUS in my little jam room i do what i like to call " Pinching " The speaker. Now...Im not going to reveal this little secret but when i post up some sound clips we will see how many jaws drop!
Never trouble trouble till' trouble troubles you.

Archived