Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

When I'm 64...

A String

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember imagining how strange it would be for the writer of that song to actually turn 64 some day way off in the future.

The future has arrived and it's nutty.

Just a pinch between the geek and chum

Well, speaking of his affective life, things haven't gone well for him recently, but I sure wish him all the best for the future.

I owe him many hours of listening (and playing) pleasure...

Happy birthday, Paul! :thu:

Korg PA3X Pro 76 and Kronos 61, Roland G-70, Integra 7 and BK7-m, Casio PX-5S, Fender Stratocaster with Fralin pickups, Fender Stratocaster with Kinman pickups, 1965 Gibson SG Standard

I watched the edited version of CBS' Sunday Morning interview with Paul, originally aired when he released Chaos & Creation In The Backyard. My favorite part was when he recounted a story of a fan who met him and asked if it was alright that she played When I'm 64 for residents in a nursing home. He said it was fine and then she said she'd had to change the lyrics a bit. Seems, to those elderly people, 64 wasn't old at all. She changed it to 84. :)

Happy birthday, Paul. Here's to many more! (And more great recordings. ;) )

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Originally posted by A String:

Originally posted by Kramer Ferrington III.:

Originally posted by Bejeeber:

The future has arrived and it's nutty.

On the positive side, it's 2006 and we're not having affairs with a random computer. :)
What I want to know is, where's my damn flying car?!?!
I'd even settle for the silver overalls!

Originally posted by Kramer Ferrington III.:

I'd even settle for the silver overalls!

The way we've been going with the UVB rays, we may not get the silver pants, but certainly we'll all be wearing those fashionable, oversized sunglasses they all seem to wear in the future.

In NYC, a flying car would sure come in handy in those damn traffic jams, with impatient idiots honking like mad behind you, apparently thinking that your car can sprout wings and fly!

Luckily, I don't have to drive much, especially in those situations..

Archived