Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Saw Johnny Winter last night

wangbar

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sure Red was referring to me, kiddingly, and how giddy my expressions about JW were. No harm no foul. Everyone has a hero. If they don't they should. Mine just happens to be Johnny Winter, therefore I get a little geeked up when I talk about him. Actually my reaction did seem to be a bit effeminate to even me as I read it now. That's disturbing to me because I've pretty much gone out of my way all my life to avoid effeminates moments, where I am concerned. I'll be alright though. :D
Kerry

I missed that one. Also, on Thursday night Bill Frissell played the Continental Club.

Geez, I really need to start checking out concert listings more often.

What did his manager do to him? Paid him w/ smack or coke instead of money?

How was his guitar playing?

"Without music, life would be a mistake."

--from 'Beyond Good and Evil', by Friedrich Nietzsche

My MySpace Space

Originally posted by MILLO:

I missed that one. Also, on Thursday night Bill Frissell played the Continental Club.

1. There is so much going on here all the time! I'd love to attend 'em all, but alas...$

2. The Chronicle, dude!

3. He kept Johnny in a drug induced stupor while exploiting his assets.

4. Check my oiginal post for my review.

Millo: Are you in a band here? I thought I should come see you guys if you play out.

Wang

This is sad.

Johnny Winter got me interested in guitar in the first place after watching him on Don Kirshner's Rock Concert in 1974.

Before Stevie Ray, Johnny was rippin' it UP in the early 70s.

http://www.bobgruen.com/files/asst/R.056%20JOHNNY%20WINTER%20%20MSG%2073.jpg

A Jazz/Chord Melody Master-my former instructor www.robertconti.com

(FKA GuitarPlayerSoCal)

Originally posted by wangbar:

Originally posted by MILLO:

1. There is so much going on here all the time! I'd love to attend 'em all, but alas...$

2. The Chronicle, dude!

3. He kept Johnny in a drug induced stupor while exploiting his assets.

4. Check my oiginal post for my review.

Millo: Are you in a band here? I thought I should come see you guys if you play out.

1. Yeah, abundance of $ is not something I'm known for. I'm rather famous for lack of $.

2. Check it every once in a while, just forget to do so on a regular basis.

3. Many managers have done that. It is a very $#itty thing to do, agreed.

4. Ah. I guess I was looking for more details, but that's alright. I guess I can picture it. By the way, thanks for the report. I have never heard him, but will look up some of his dc's later on...

5. I'm currently playing with 'The Flying Club'. Check my signature. Also, check www.myspace.com/flyingclubmusic

I'm up for jams, if you're interested. Not for the moment, but later I'll have more free time (August/Sept.).

My MySpace Space

Brailian pop music!??!! Wow -- now that is different for Austin! I'm just another blues junkie. I love to jam, so yeah, when you get time. I'm going to be out clubbin' on the 23rd, I see you guys have a gig that night. Maybe I'll come get a listen.
Wang

Originally posted by wangbar:

Brailian pop music!??!! Wow -- now that is different for Austin! I'm just another blues junkie. I love to jam, so yeah, when you get time. I'm going to be out clubbin' on the 23rd, I see you guys have a gig that night. Maybe I'll come get a listen.

It IS different. However, it's more like pop w/ R&B, funk and Brazilian elements. It's pretty neat, check out some clips on the website and/or myspace. And yup, it's definitely not typical Austin music.

My MySpace Space

Originally posted by HardTail:

Originally posted by ellwood:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/ellwood1/Johnny_Winter___Crystaliers_card.jpg

Did you pick this up from him during your time at the MI State Fair?
No HT, I found that on the web, the State Fair thing was all talk with him and Rick Derringer,and Tin Roof in their bus.

Archived