Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Notation Software.

Fumblyfingers

Does anyone here use software notation? I just have the free Finale Notepad 2006 and Overture SE that came with my Garritan Personal Orchestra.

I am curious about which is better as I am thinking of dropping the $450 odd bucks for a full version of either Sibelius 4 or Finale 2006.

One dilemma for me is that Finale is optimized for the Garritan programs I have, but Sibelius can have a video file going and have the score be synced to picture, so you can write hits etc to go right with the action on the movie. I can't seem to find if Finale can do that.

That is important to me.

So does anyone have any experience with these?

By the way, I mentioned Finale Notepad 2006. It is free and quite good if you want to check it out.

Finale Notepad

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No offence Pollock me old mate, but I personally have had a change of heart regarding intellectual property in the last couple of years. Swiping it off the web or elsewhere is stealing no matter how you look at it, and I don't want to go there any more. Been there, done that....not a hypocrite....not a goody goody, not preaching at ya, I personally just gotta pay for the stuff I want anymore. :)

Originally posted by Fumblyfingers:

No offence Pollock me old mate, but I personally have had a change of heart regarding intellectual property in the last couple of years. Swiping it off the web or elsewhere is stealing no matter how you look at it, and I don't want to go there any more. Been there, done that....not a hypocrite....not a goody goody, not preaching at ya, I personally just gotta pay for the stuff I want anymore. :)

Yeah, I don't do it anymore either. Just a thought! :wave:

Archived