Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Music Upload Sites

Ricardo.

There are now a number of ways to host your music on the internet to share with others. For reference, the big ones that are specifically dedicated to hosting music and letting artists promote themselves mostly for free that I know of are:

Soundclick.com

Music.download.com

MySpace Music

Pure Volume

Post more and I'll add them. Just because having a list like this is useful to people looking specifically to promote.

I want to discuss them. Which are the best? Do you ever go to the website just to browse other people's stuff? Do you ever download free mp3s? Ever bought an mp3 from an artist that you found on a website? Have you ever paid to use a service like this?

I have a Soundclick page just to have a place to host some recordings I want friends to listen to, and don't have a professional need for it yet. And so, I haven't explored the full range of marketing potential of the services.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From a "Dial up users" point of view, Soundclick rocks! I can click on the lo-fi version of a song and stream it. This means that, when someone posts a song here on Soundclick, I get to hear it. When it's posted somewhere else, it just takes to long to download and I have to pass.

I (Like you) haven't gotten into any of the marketing aspects of Soundclick. I'm too damn old and have no interest in "Making It" anymore.

Geeze, there are way too many. It's hard to know which to pick.

I use the first three most, I may even be on pure volume. I such a post whore.

I also use:

Player\'s Paradise (Sponsored by Yamaha)

We all know Pappy is a big Yamaha fan. The stats are easy to read as well.

Artistopia.com

You can only post two songs for free (more if you pay). But they do have a lot of development and networking tools. I like the way they post thier Chart Statistics.

I still think SoundClick is the best for deep linking.

Archived