Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

An inspired evening....

spiral light

My wife goes out to the store, my daughter eventually finds playing with Daddy inferior to the option of watching her favorite dvd, I'm left twiddling my thumbs on the couch as I watch my daughter, wrapped up in the adventures of Miss Spider. Twas then that my lonely acoustic guitar caught my attention from across the room, its ever welcoming visage peeking at me from the front room. As soon as I hit that first mis-fingered Amin chord I knew that we were both "on" tonight: when every note/chord both sounds and plays well. I started off just playing randomly, I remembered listening to Run Like Hell on the drive home from work, how DG uses a dropped low E to D to get a nice low resolution to some riffs in the intro. The tuning peg turned, the E became a D. Eventually the top E went the same direction. 'What would the pattern I'm playing now sound like if I further dropped the B to A'? DADGAD is a favorite of mine but I only have a handful of tunes to show for it. That handful became a bit more tonight as my hands were almost mystically guided around the fretboard, the song just seemed to drip off my hands and onto the fretboard. When I played it to my wife later she compared it to Joe Walsh/Tom Petty (I'll allow here this one time) with a hint of country (her words, not mine). I think it leans, at this early stage, a little towards Richard Thompson too.

Damn, I love it when this happens!!!

:D:D:D:D:thu:

www.windhamhill.com - Shameless Advertising!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived