Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Incredible Ampeg BA-112 Amp

caprae

Well I traded the laptop for a 1980s ESP bass (in great shape I might add) and so I needed an amp to go with it. I found an Ampeg BA-112 (Bass Amp) at a GC. After reading the great reviews I decided to buy it and got it for well under $200. The kicker with this bass amp is that it sounds great as a guitar amp (as one guy on Harmony-Central said he discovered). I can't wait to run it in stereo with my VOX Valvetronix. It makes my Freeway almost strat like on one of the settings. Beautiful and clear with no earsplitting sizzle.
Raise your children and spoil your grandchildren. Spoil your children and raise your grandchildren.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Forgot to add that it is lightly used, but in great shape. One guy on HC said be bought a new one for $200. HUH?? These sell for $350 to $390 new online.
Raise your children and spoil your grandchildren. Spoil your children and raise your grandchildren.

I have an old ReverbeRocket - 1962 I think. It is an amazing little amp. The reverb and tremolo are the best I've heard. Unfortunately, I lent it to a harp player once and it came back non-functional. I have yet to get it in the shop. One of these days...

Oh. yeah. That one looks sweet as can be.

I don't know how typical it is for bass amps, but I was amazed at how sweet it sounded with a regular electric. And these things seem to be built like a tank.

Originally posted by caprae:

Forgot to add that it is lightly used, but in great shape. One guy on HC said be bought a new one for $200. HUH?? These sell for $350 to $390 new online.

That little? I always thought of ampeg as being among the amp aristocracy.

Or have I missed a few episodes? :confused:

Okay, now I'm going to start plugging into all bass amps I run across. I never realized how good some of these low boys could sound with a guitar.

Originally posted by caprae:

Okay, now I'm going to start plugging into all bass amps I run across. I never realized how good some of these low boys could sound with a guitar.

OH for sure, there are peddles that LOVE bass amps and seem to put the overall tone in just the right place with guitar. It depends on the head-cab combination and it's a crap shoot but yes always try them out and you could just hit your combination.

Archived