Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

sustain guitar

hava cigar

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ya, we don't use the L sign or pounds in Canada.

Loonies are... HEY, quit distracting from the issue!

I agree with Pappy, thats a killer guitar with amazing construction. Best bang for the buck.

This ones wicked too: RGX520FZ

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g30/scmcfaul/RGX520FZ-2.jpg

What a horrible night to have a curse.

Have a look around, and on Ebay (I know, I know) for the best kept secret around - an Ibanez Studio (ST-50, ST-55, ST-100, ST-105, ST-200, ST-300 and others). Should set you back the £150 - £300 area dependent on model.

These were built from 78ish to 86ish and, yes, I have one.

Heavy V2 pickups and mahogany(/maple) bodies & necks, these are damn fine guitars and should be sampled when available.

Geoff

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

Originally posted by Guitar Geezer:

I know, but why do ya use teh L-Pound sign thingie?

Or do you :freak:

I also have some Loonies and Toonies at home in the coin jar :)

No pound sign here. We use the dollar signs and spend dollars. The Loonie and Toonie are the names for the one and two dollar coins. (The one dollar coin was nicknamed the Loonie because of a picture of a loon on it. The Toonie came out later and it's name was just a play on the loonie. They have been playing around with the idea of replacing our $5 bill with a coin as well. Soon I will have so many coins in my pants, they won't stay up without suspenders. Canadians will be known as the people who say eh? and wear suspenders... :freak: )

Anyway...I digress. Back to the topic... :D

Those are great looking guitars. How is the sustain?

1. You can add a sustainer to a guitar you already have.

2. Godins have some really nice sustain. Mine would sustain longer than my son's Ibanez shredder. Look at the LGHB or LG P90.

3. Another possibility is a Satriani model of Ibanez.

My son has created a reeeeaaalllllyyyyy loooonnnnggggg sustain by using an overdrive peddle over a dirty channel with lots of chorus mixed in.

Raise your children and spoil your grandchildren. Spoil your children and raise your grandchildren.

Originally posted by A String:

Originally posted by Guitar Geezer:

I know, but why do ya use teh L-Pound sign thingie?

Or do you :freak:

I also have some Loonies and Toonies at home in the coin jar :)

No pound sign here. We use the dollar signs and spend dollars. The Loonie and Toonie are the names for the one and two dollar coins. (The one dollar coin was nicknamed the Loonie because of a picture of a loon on it. The Toonie came out later and it's name was just a play on the loonie. They have been playing around with the idea of replacing our $5 bill with a coin as well. Soon I will have so many coins in my pants, they won't stay up without suspenders. Canadians will be known as the people who say eh? and wear suspenders... :freak: )

Anyway...I digress. Back to the topic... :D

A guy i used to work with was canuck, he wore suspenders out of habit... Apparently its customery in canada that if you get in a bar fight the opposition will pull your shirt over your head to gain an advantage... So he wore suspenders... Wierd eh...

I like these threads. I get to see pretty guitars.

hava cigar: Guitar Player magazine reviewed some high-end Epiphones (between $800-$1000) that they stated sounded equal, and possibly better, than $3000 Les Pauls. I'd definitely go for that.

Archived