Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT...Alberto...hurricane strength?

Tedster

Just listening to the morning conference call from the Tropical Prediction Center on Tropical Storm Alberto. Right now, they're indicating the possibility that it just MIGHT..(I emphasize MIGHT) achieve hurricane strength in 12 hours.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On the visibla satellite imagery loop...it looks like it's forming an eye..the center is 165 nautical miles SSW of Apalachicola, FL...moving NNE 6 knots. The current track is bringing it onshore about 40 miles ESE of Tallahassee.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

At 9 PM Alberto has made landfall. Dumping lots of rain but winds are at 70MPH max. Not a hurricane and since it's made landfall, it won't turn into one.

I get the feeling the news media were wanting this to be a bad hurricane. I'm getting a little tired of the sensationalism all the time.

Born on the Bayou

Originally posted by Mincer:

im in new port richey, about 35 miles n of St Pete...lots of rain, not much wind...the press down here *freaks* when there is a storm coming- even when they know isn't going to be a bad one.

Ha Ha, Iused to have a house gig at Dutch's Bar in Holiday

Definitely a career low point

In tampa Now

Ridin' it out

Originally posted by LPCustom:

At 9 PM Alberto has made landfall. Dumping lots of rain but winds are at 70MPH max. Not a hurricane and since it's made landfall, it won't turn into one.

I get the feeling the news media were wanting this to be a bad hurricane. I'm getting a little tired of the sensationalism all the time.

I think you hit the nail on the head. 2 years ago a tropical storm that "might turn into a hurricane" would be a non-story.

That being said, I'll be praying for ya'll down that way nonetheless. Storm surge and rain can't be good either.

Archived